Protection Assistant – Focused Psycosocial Support
About the job
This position is responsible for Providing focused psychosocial support to children and caregivers who have experienced or are at high risk of experiencing a child protection or GBV violation, while building the capacity of and empower the community to provide vulnerable children and caregivers with community based PSS.. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Identify safe spaces to provide Focused PSS(FPSS)that adhere to the quality checklists for center-based and outreach activities shared at the inter-agency level and deliver FPSS in line with global and national inter-agency SOPs/standards
- Ensure that children, caregivers and adolescent boys are registered in focused PSS activities without creating stigma and/or judgment
- Create a safe space where participants can voice their opinions, thoughts and emotions, share experiences and brainstorm on solutions in a confidential and respectful manner
- Actively identify the most vulnerable: children at high risk of or engaged in child labor and/or early marriage and their Caregivers and ensure their enrollment in DRC focused PSS programs (including referring high risk adolescent girls to focused PSS) and Actively identify adolescent boys at high risk of or engaged in risky behavior in relation or maladaptive gender role practices and ensure they are enrolled in ABAAO's Program Ra, adopted by DRC.
- Ensure ALL children, caregivers(and adolescent boys if needed) in focused PSS sessions are referred to case management and Ensure that the caregivers of children engaged in child labor are referred to livelihood opportunities and Ensure that all children and adolescent boys in focused PSS are referred to education services or livelihood opportunities for those above 15 years old and Ensure that ALL children and caregivers accessing focused PSS are referred back to community based PSS at the end of the program
- Coordinate closely with CP and GBV caseworkers to ensure the case plan is taken into consideration to tailor focused PSS intervention to the needs of each child and caregiver and Coordinate closely with the DRC or CBO psychologist or mental health service providers in the area to ensure children and caregivers in need are supported with mental health services
- Support participants to provide feedback on focused PSS through the SOQ
- Work closely with DRC local partner and provide the needed field level support;
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a degree Bachelor in social work, teaching, child development or other related field. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Excellent knowledge of child protection and GBV and PSS basic principles
- Excellent knowledge of child development and adult learning techniques
- Excellent communication and psychosocial first aid skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent knowledge of the negative impacts of child labor on child development
- Excellent knowledge of the worst and other forms of child labor
- Good knowledge of CP and GBV case management principles
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience providing psychosocial activities to high risk children and caregivers
- Minimum 1 year experience providing psychosocial support to adolescent boys
- Minimum 2 years valid Lebanese driver's license
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: Until end of March 2021 renewable based on performance and availability of funds
Duty Station: Bekaa
Start date: December 2020 (
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com