Field Coordinator (M/F/D) - Jigjiga (Ethiopia)
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Médecins Du Monde is a network of 16 humanitarian Non-Governmental organizations, working in health and medical aid in domestic and international projects and advocating for a universal access and rights to health services. MdM has been working in Ethiopia since 1986 implementing different types of projects from long-term interventions to emergency response.
Based on the assessment findings, that was carried out by MdM France and MdM Germany in the Somali region an emergency project has been developed, aiming at the humanitarian needs in the Nogob Zone, caused by ongoing drought and conflict in the area.
The project has started in July 2019 (24 months duration, extension possible depending on context). With funding from German Foreign Affairs Office (GFFO) MdM is implementing health activities in and around the village of Gerbo, Somali Region, focusing on SRH, BEmONC and prevention of epidemics, whereas a local partner NGO is focusing on Nutrition and WASH in Nut activities.
The progamme is a joint MdM network project between MdM France and MdM Germany. The FieldCo will be fully responsible for the Somali Region project. This project is part of the joint MdM mission in Ethiopia. FieldCo will be the Representative of MdM Germany in Ethiopia and work closely with the General Coordinator in Addis Abeba.
The Field Coordinator reports to Desk MdM Ge, based in Munich.
S/he will report to MdM G in very close coordination with MdM office (General Coordinator and Coordination Team) in Addis. S/he manages directly the programme team of the Somali Region, which is composed of to 1-2 Expats and a team of up to 20 local staff in Jijiaga and Gerbo.
The Field Coordinator will be the responsible for the overall implementation of the MdM intervention and project in Somali region.
- Follow contextual development in Somali region: in Jijiga and sites of implementation around Jijiga (Qoloji Camp) and in Gerbo Woreda district; prepare an update for the monthly reporting.
- Propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities implementation considering contextual and legal developments.
- Monitor the political and security situation in the project areas and update MdM Ge, General coordinator and logistic coordinator accordingly.
- Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to, and regularly reviewed with the coordination team.
- Ensure timely and accurate security / incident reports are sent to MdM Ge, General Coordinator and Logistic Coordinator.
- Ensure the implementation of the program and its follow-up in its different aspects: logistical, administrative and medical.
- Ensure coordination, monitoring and integration of the activities defined in the logical framework and with the different actors involved and team members.
- Reporting any issues related to partner’s activities. Update follow-up tools regularly.
- Represent MdM with partner, stakeholders and authority in relationship to the intervention inside the region.
- Identify technical gaps and lead in the capacity building plan for partner and MdM team.
- Maintaining a regular follow-up of funds transfers, procurement, financial and activity reporting of partner.
- To provide key information (log, admin, medical, etc.) to the General coordinator regarding the intervention under his/her supervision
- Maintaining Partner MoUs and updating the drafts for renewal based on understandings and developments of the projects.
- Contribute to proposal and project report writings as requested.
- Maintaining the map of project activities and updating it accordingly.
- Participate to project and strategy planning meetings and provide inputs.
- Ensure technical support for partner.
- Preparing monthly context report in coordination with Logistic Manager.
- Compiling monthly project activities report and submit to MdM Ge, General coordinator and Medical Coordinator.
- Ensure completeness of monthly data and filled monitool.
- Compiling monthly spending reports
- Contributing to donor reporting related to project activities.
- Actively assist the coordination between MdM France and MdM Germany and to stabilize the Somali programme under MdM G coordination.
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with these and MdM procedures
- Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered by both partner and MdM
- Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns
Skills required :
Minimum of 5 years of senior NGO management experience in leading programmes and teams in complex emergency situations preferably within the health sector and public health background.
English fluent (speaking and writing), Somali as an asset
Strong experience of project planning, monitoring and budget follow-up; proposal and report writing skills.
Experience in local partnership development and management
Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability;
Good organizational skills in day to day and crisis situations;
Excellent computer skills
Good communication and team management skills
Ability to classify and manage priorities - High autonomy is required
Interest and ability to work in international teams
Experience in remote-control and remote-management programmes
Experience/knowledge of the region
Familiar with supply chain and procurement process
CONDITIONS D’EMPLOI :
- 15th January 2021 – 30th June 2021, with the possibity to extend until 31.12.2021
- Full time
- Based in Jigjiga and Garbo (50% 50% approximately)
Did the advertisement arouse your interest? We look forward to your application!
Please send your application to:
Brigitte Geißinger, Human Resources
Landsberger Str.428, 81241 Munich
Diversity is important to us! We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications that increase the diversity of our team.
Further information about our data protection guidelines for applications can be found here.