Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Montevideo
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 30-NOV-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall delegated authority of the Director/Head of the Office and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer , the incumbent provides a series of finance and administrative support services to the Regional Bureau in Montevideo and its antenna in Villa Ocampo (San Isidro, Argentina) in compliance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations, practices, standards and procedures.Long Description
The administrative assistant will have the following responabilities:
- Act as certifying officer up to the authorized level delegated by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO);
- Draft and prepare routine correspondence, memoranda and non-substantive reports;
- Maintain confidential and general files and establish reference systems;
- Assist in the preparation of budgetary and financial reports;
Finance and Budget Accountabilities
- Assist and inform the supervisor on financial status, by using management information systems and reporting;
- Code, record and reconcile accounting transactions;
- Verify and process payments;
- Maintain specific accounts, calculate and compile financial data, prepare routine reports;
- Generate expenditure reports from the automated systems;
- Maintain fixed assets inventory
- Monitor and control commitments and expenditures;
- Assist in the preparation, cost estimation and finalization of budget reports, carry out preliminary analysis of variances between budgets and actual expenditures; cross check consistency of figures;
- Assist on shipping, preparation of purchase orders, contract and travel plans;
- May liaise and cooperate with UNDSS on matters related to safety and security
- Assist in the organization of online conferences and Webinars
- Assist in the organization of the office events according to agenda
- Receptionist back up responsibilities
- Completed technical degree in management, finances or administration.
- A minimum of five (3) years of relevant professional work on administrative, financial and/or budget administration.
- Sense of integrity, confidentiality, commitment and reliability;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to provide efficient, quality and timely support and capacity to work efficiently under pressure;
- Very good knowledge of online conferencing and Webinar tools (Zoom, Teams etc.)
- Very Good knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and database packages;
- Ability to work in diverse multi-cultural settings with sensitivity to the local context.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of Spanish language and good knowledge of English
- Specialized training in Finance, Budget, Human Resources Management and/or Administration.
- Relevant experience in the UN/international organizations or similar organizations.
- Knowledge of French language.
Applicants have to be Uruguayan nationals or authorized to work in UruguaySELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.