Fundraising Assistant (data processing), G4, Beijing, China #81580
UNICEF China is looking for a diligent and motivated new staff member to join the retention team of PSFR Section. The Fundraising Assistant (Data processing) will be responsible for processing new information promptly and accurately in line with instructions, to interact with UNICEF supporters, and carry out general administrative tasks in support of the team.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a Champion
UNICEF in China promotes policies and laws that better deliver on children's rights. Our team works with the Government of China and other partners to ensure that the benefits of the country's development reach the most impoverished children. And we share what we learn with others.
The PSFR Section works to develop partnerships across the public and private sectors in China. This post is part of the Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships team which works to establish partnerships and raise funds from the private sector in support of UNICEF programmes.
To learn more about what we do, please visit http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzU5ODg1NDcxMg==.html
How can you make a difference?
We’re now looking for a diligent and motivated new staff member to join our retention team. The Fundraising Assistant (Data processing), under the supervision of Fundraising Officer (retention), will be responsible for processing new information promptly and accurately in line with instructions, to interact with UNICEF supporters, and carry out general administrative tasks in support of the team.
- On daily basis, accurately enter and update information into UNICEF’s database system
- Process financial data and promptly reconcile discrepancies.
- Carry out supporter loyalty activities follow guideline.
- Coordinate and work with different payment platforms/gateways to collect UNICEF funds.
- Coordinate and assist in web & data import/export functions development.
- Conduct analysis on retention status for different groups of supporters and produce related reports.
- Interact with supporters with patient and profession when needed.
- Provide administrative support to the unit when needed.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completed secondary education in one of the following fields: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Fundraising or another relevant technical or generic field.
- A university degree in the above fields is an advantage.
- More than three years working experiences directly with data processing and data management.
- Native Mandarin Chinese skills, reading and writing. Working knowledge of English.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Good initiative, ability to conceptualise and come up with improvement suggestions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- A commitment to contribute to bring positive change to children
- A drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyse and conceptualize information
- Respect for UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at: Learn more about UNICEF competency definitions
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.