Community Based Protection Team Leader
Kachin State (Myanmar)
In collaboration with the Protection Manager (Kachin), the Community-Based Protection Team Leader (Kachin) will be responsible for managing day to day implementation of protection programming in Bhamo and supporting the continuous improvement of the protection team and partner’s technical capacities.This will include identification of training needs, as well as coordination and delivery of some required training, and the day-to-day support and facilitation of teamwork among all protection staff and partners.Protection monitoring is intended to lead to: 1) increased understanding of the protection environment, including vulnerability mapping, available services, and existing gaps impacting all communities in the area of coverage; and, 2) sharable reports detailing needed actions by the IRC, humanitarian, and government actors to address protection concerns/gaps. Information campaigns will be carried out to inform people in all communities in the area of coverage of available services and access. Information may be shared via a range of traditional and innovative modalities (information sessions, rights trainings, IEC materials, radio broadcasts, informational hotlines).
Take the lead on coordinating data collection, and support analysis, to feed into analytical monthly protection trend reports for the specified area of coverage in Kachin State, highlighting key protection issues and analyzing trends identified from protection monitoring and other recorded objective sources.This includes:
- Participating in quality assurance of monitoring conducted at field level;
- Supporting efforts to improve qualitative understanding of specific thematic issues.
Provide direct supervision and support to staff, including:
- Participation in monitoring and information missions;
- Regular reviews of written and oral information campaigns, review of information dissemination methodologies, develop strategies for improving information dissemination;
- Development of individual work plans, ensuring best practice standards are met, with a focus on building the management capacity of staff and empowering them to work autonomously.
- Provide a community-based protection “lens” on all protection monitoring reporting and information campaigns, assisting to ensure reporting and information dissemination.
- Acts as a focal point for protection network in area of operation on all relevant protection trends, by overseeing ongoing quality protection monitoring, information dissemination, case referrals, and supporting analysis of trends.
- With support from the Protection Manager (Kachin), lead implementation of small-scale community projects in the specified area of coverage, in line with protection needs identified and prioritized by committee/community members.
- Assess the training and capacity building needs of staff and partners and collaborate on the drafting and implementation of capacity building plans.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the specified area of coverage to ensure active coordination, collaboration, and information dissemination.
- Undertake day-to-day tasks to support management and security of IRC’s office and team in the specified area of coverage, including basic logistic and transport arrangements, in collaboration with key staff in IRC’s Myitkyina office.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by supervisor.