Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Advisor
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor, Haiti HIV Project
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology—creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Advisor for an upcoming CDC-funded project in Haiti.
Funded by the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the project will seek to provide Comprehensive Access to HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment, and Prevention Services for Key Populations in Haiti, specifically Sex Workers, Transgender persons, and Men who have Sex with Men (MSM). The project will support facility-based and community-based service delivery models and interventions designed specifically for key populations. It will also support increased access to services, education, and awareness to reduce stigma and discrimination, and capacity building for local and community organizations. Services will be implemented and monitored in collaboration with the Government of Haiti, other multilateral and bilateral donors, and civil society.
The M&E Advisor will be the lead technical expert responsible for all M&E related activities, including performance monitoring, data analysis, display and use and reporting of achievements and results. S/he will lead efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation systems, and performance monitoring within a targeted geographic area, which may include building the capacity of community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their HIV services and activities and ensure data quality. S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for district and county level strategic information and monitoring and evaluation and support coordination with the national MIS. This position is critical for quality programming and generation of evidence-based approaches to support FSWs, MSM and TG persons to be reached and linked to a variety of services along the HIV prevention, treatment, care and support cascade. Furthermore, the SI Advisor will develop systems to monitor reach with prevention services and commodities, linkage to HIV and STI testing and counselling, referrals for wrap-around services referrals and peer outreach and navigation activities for improved linkages, retention and adherence to ART.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
- Provide technical assistance and leadership, implement, and assess and strengthen M&E systems and tools, to achieve programmatic goals.
- Ensure that appropriate M&E mechanisms are incorporated into work plans and reports.
- Conduct capacity building activities for civil society, faith-based, and community-based organizations to support the collection, analysis, presentation, and utilization of high-quality data for improved programming.
- Develop and oversee implementation of the data quality assurance systems.
- Monitor program performance based on the performance monitoring and evaluation plan, annual work plans, and the environmental mitigation and monitoring plan.
- Work closely with local partners to conduct mapping and size estimation exercises to inform planning and provide technical assistance to the government.
- Inform the program team and partners on the use of PEPFAR and custom indicators to monitor program performance and support evidence-based programming.
- Oversee data entry into project and donor databases as applicable.
- Provides technical guidance and mentors lower level personnel. Acts as team lead as needed and may supervise others.
- Support the development of reports for FHI 360 HQ, USAID, the Haitien government, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or other relevant discipline; A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum six years working on in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and analyzing data to support performance improvement of programs.
- Previous experience working with CDC, USAID, PEPFAR or other major health donors/programs;
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, managing online databases to ensure easy access to data and data reports; Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, Epi Info; and/or software; and make recommendations based on findings
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analyses and make recommendations based on findings;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Haiti’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting.
- Previous experience building capacity for generation and use of strategic information.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Previous experience building capacity for generation and use of strategic information by community-based organizations and civil society groups. Experience working on M&E of key population programs is preferable.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in Haiti.
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply. Preference for Haitian national and candidates based in Haiti.