Temporary Digital Marketing Associate
New York City (United States of America)
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $400 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Marketing Team is responsible for executing integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels to maximize the revenue and increase awareness of MSF’s activities, concerns, expertise, and values.
MSF-USA is seeking a Digital Marketing Associate eager to be a part of its innovative digital marketing program and its blockbuster growth. This role is term-delimited to conclude in December of 2021, with the possibility of extension.
As our Digital Marketing Associate, you will help continue the accelerated fundraising growth in our digital marketing programs, including paid advertising, email, peer-to-peer fundraising, eSports/streaming, and managing doctorswithoutborders.org. Reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, your main priority will be assisting the Senior Manager in the day-to-day implementation of MSF’s Digital Marketing strategy and supporting the advertising team in particular in their efforts. You will also assist the Senior Manager in the organization’s transition to Salesforce CRM as well as the continued optimization of the team’s technology stack. Furthermore, you will help the Senior Manager in her work on several international working groups to build capacity and improve collaboration within the global MSF movement.
- Assisting the Senior Digital Marketing Manager with day-to-day operations, including meeting prep and logistics, taking organized meeting notes and following up on action items, managing invoices and budget reconciliation, and supporting staff and vendor onboarding and management.
- Working with Senior Manager and team to find new and creative ways to inspire – and retain – interest in MSF and our mission by always looking for new messages/issues, platforms, audiences, tools, etc. to test in our quest to spread MSF’s voice to new and diverse audiences.
- As one of Marketing’s primary stakeholders, helping the Senior Manager manage department’s transition to Salesforce CRM, including managing its data architecture and migration, integration with other aspects of our MarTech stack, and ensuring the team is trained on new systems.
- Helping the Senior Manager with their work on various working groups, including MSF’s Global Digital Steering Committee, to build the digital marketing capacity of fellow MSF offices, improving international collaboration efforts, and steering MSF’s international digital strategy.
- Under the direction of the Digital Marketing Manager – Advertising & Automation, helping coordinate omnichannel campaigns and other efforts in addition to supporting the Email & SMS, Website and Peer-to-Peer/Streaming teams and their initiatives as needed.
- Support the Senior Manager and team in preparing reports and presentations, including research
- Support the team-wide annual planning process and manage the team finance process including coding of invoices and budget reconciliation
- Be the point of contact and resource for general digital marketing needs and questions from Development, the broader MSF-USA team, international MSF offices, donors, and members of the public as needed.
You’re a curious junior digital marketer interested in the art and science of digital marketing. You have an eye for captivating storytelling and persuasive messaging (art) and a mind for the data and technology that powers it (science). You are a creative problem solver with strong analytical skills, have a good eye for detail and for managing competing priorities and comfortable maintaining deadlines and escalating issues as appropriate. You’re comfortable asking questions and brainstorming with a young and diverse team, and happy to drop everything and pitch in whenever, wherever, and however disaster strikes.
- Minimum 1-3 years directly relevant experience in digital marketing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital techniques and programs including advertising and email marketing, mobile engagement, and website optimization.
- Experience working with complex vendor relationships and ability to help lead meetings and monitor productivity of vendors and consultants.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and comfortable working in a high-energy, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines.
- Outstanding, proven time management and organizational skills and ability to deal with pressure and deadlines calmly and with a sense of humor and communicate with diplomacy.
- Willingness to embrace and channel the Doctors Without Borders mission and voice.
- Commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and a team environment that honors diversity of thought and experience.
- Nonprofit fundraising experience. Experience collaborating with colleagues of varying levels of digital marketing knowledge, including non-native English speakers.
- Experience with marketing platforms such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Familiarity with HTML, Google Analytics, and CRMs such as Salesforce NPSP.
- Additional foreign language skills are a plus
Pay Class & Contract Type
Temporary FT Hourly Nonexempt
Starting salary low 60 to mid 60's (commensurate with experience)
Working Time (Hours Per Week)
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
No phone calls or emails please.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff
Please appy to the positon directly from our website careers portal: