Libya Local Governance and Civil Society/ Taqarib- Grants Officer (Sebha, Libya)
SCOPE OF WORK
Taqarib/Libya Local Governance and Civil Society Activity
Maximum Level of Effort: LTTA
Base of Operations: Sebha, Libya
position reports to: Grants Manager
The Taqarib/Libya Local Governance and Civil Society (LGCS) Activity will support the foundation of a more unified Libyan state by prioritizing local-level activities that foster stability and accountable governance while reinforcing positive linkages among the national government, subnational government administration, and citizens. Taqarib/LGCS works to increase the Libyan Government’s ability to deliver essential services and promote stability. It seeks to help citizens engage in public dialogue, prioritize resources, and develop initiatives to hold government accountable. To achieve these goals, Taqarib/LGCS will center its activities around four objectives:
Strengthen the capacity of targeted municipal institutions to deliver services and be more responsive to citizen needs
Empower Libyan citizens, civil society organizations, private sector, and other stakeholders with the skills and capability to advocate for government institutions to deliver on their mandates.
Encourage coherence of national and subnational government policy, systems, and coordination through pilots advancing targeted policy reform. Strengthen national and subnational decentralization policies, systems, and, and coordination
Inform Programming through a robust learning and analysis agenda.
The Grants Officer will report to the Grants Manager. The Grants Officer will provide support during the entire activity life-cycle including: review of activity budgets during program design; financial monitoring and financial reports review for cost reimbursable grants instruments; and financial reconciliation during activity close-down.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Grants Officer responsibilities and key tasks will include:
· Communicate potential trouble spots to Grants Manager as necessary and suggest remediation.
· Work to enhance and improve grants management processes and increase efficiencies.
· Understand and adhere to the necessary procedures, including documentation compliance requirements, at all stages of the grant life cycle.
· Grants Officer will be responsible for multiple grants from announcement until close out of the activity, and he/she will participate in the periodic closeout.
· Develop the budget in close coordination with the grantee and procurement team, conduct cost analysis of grant budgets during program design phase of grant development. Examine budget estimates to ensure costs are reasonable, allocable and allowable and comply with USAID regulations.
· Assessing the grantee financial and administrative capacities and oversee the grants implementation in compliance with USAID and DAI policies and procedures.
· Prepare full grant packages for clearance including pre-award responsibility determination, negotiation memo, branding & marking plan, and other related documents, in coordination with the technical team.
· Work closely with applicants and partner civil society organizations, to assist them in understanding Taqarib grants opportunities, application process ,and provide mentoring in terms of grants management and reporting.
· Assist the Grants Manager in the grants competition process from preparation of the announcement documents, to responding to applicants and entering applications data to TAMIS and participating in presenting grants program to CSOs in roadshows and other Taqarib events.
· Assisting the Grants Manager in managing grants evaluation committee meetings and making sure that all applications data and related committee documents are complete, taking notes and communicating with applicants.
· Monitoring and tracking budget expenditure of multiple grants and making sure that all grants related trackers are up to date on SharePoint and TAMIS.
· He/she will Assist the technical team in developing the grant proposals, and M&E team to prepare the M&E plan for the grant.
· Any other tasks as assigned by the Grants manager.
· Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with at least 2 years of experience in grants management, procurement, business, finance, or a related field preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in related field of study.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, team player, and ability to prioritize/manage multiple tasks. **
· Experience with international donor-funded projects or international organizations preferred.
· Experience with Local Civil Society Organizations is required.
· Oral and written fluency in English.
Location and Reporting:
The Grants Officer will be based in Sebha, Libya and will closely work with Grants Manager.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter to Libya@dai.com with email subject title "Grants Officer-Sebha"