||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
The CS portfolio is a community-based, small grants initiative implemented in close coordination with communities in priority areas, and with all levels of Government. The overall objective of the CS projects is to improve stability and peace through strengthened government-community relations and economic uplift.
Under the direct supervision of the Community Stabilization Project Manager (PM) and the overall guidance of the Project Support Reporting Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (RM&E), the Reporting and Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant is responsible for strengthening the reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for the Community Stabilization activities in Libya.
In particular, the R and M&E assistant will:
- Assist the Project Support RM&E Officer to update and maintain the M&E framework measuring the Community Stabilization program’s performance and impact against the program’s results matrices;
- Gather information and support RM&E Officer in preparing regular reports and updates for internal and external purposes.
- Facilitate accurate use of M&E tools to effectively capture and manage data in support of the M&E framework and reporting process;
- Support the analysis of raw data (quantitative and qualitative) from the data collection and implementation of M&E tools and other project experts;
- Contribute to M&E reporting and project evaluation; draw lessons learned and good practices;
Provide feedback to the PM on project implementation and propose recommendations for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and suggesting actions to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Assist the PM in the development of results-based matrices for new projects, including output and outcome indicators, baselines and targets, and other project related documents, particularly in terms of M&E;
- Liaise with the field offices in Libya to remotely monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the projects’ output/outcomes, as well as providing guidance to field staff to enable them to monitor and evaluate projects in compliance with the mission M&E framework and donor requirements;
- Monitor the level of conflict sensitivity incorporated throughout the CS programming and support staff in acting with an awareness of conflict sensitivity;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned;
This role works under the overall guidance of the CS Project Manager & under the direct supervision of the Project Support Officer (M&E, Reporting)
||The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3 :
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
If direct reports (10th row above) for SES is greater than zero, then the managerial competencies below are inserted.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3 :
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
This role does not have team management responsibility.
- Basic and advanced training in M&E of development projects and programmes is desirable;
- Strong skills in adapting tools and plans for monitoring, baselines and end-lines as well as in conducting evaluations;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of context and governing dynamics in Libya highly advantageous;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment and at district and/or community level, preferably in the MENA region;
- Familiarity with IOM project management processes is desirable;
- Strong results orientation, with proven experience in using results-based management tools;
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word etc)