Supply Chain Assistant
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Location: Addis Ababa
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Grade – I1
Start of Contract & Duration: Three Months
Posting date: November 16, 2020
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position assists in the management of Fixed Asset and small procurements for DRC operations in Ethiopia/ Djibouti and ensures that all procedures and policies are followed according to DRC and donor procedures..
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist on asset & equipment management and disposal issues in collaboration with the line manager; Finalize disposal of identified Assets in coordination with SCM and SMT order;
- Assist the Act supply chain manager and the team in preparation and update of Supplier data base and, maintain comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment purchased by DRC;
- Scan and Filing all the Supply chain documents in an easy and proper filing system;
- Assist in the distribution of bid documents through email as per guidance the line manager;
- Support for transportation of field items – with proper documentation;
- Assist the supply chain team in distribution and collection of RFQs and also procure small procurements under LVP;
- Assist the team by ensuring goods received in good condition and quality.
- Assist the preparation of CO vehicle performance report and report to the line manager;
- Follow up generator maintenance and checking refilling of fuel
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- BA in supply chain management or related field with minimum 1 years working experience or Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management and related field with 2 years working experience,
- INGOs experience is more preferable
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Competent use of PC especially Excel, outlook and MS word
- Good level of written and spoken English
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please note that we receive applications up to November 29, 2020.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.