Livelihoods Assistant (Income Generating Activities)
Duty Station [Tripoli,Libya]
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job :
The Livelihoods Assistant is responsible to provide technical and administrative support to DRC's programs aimed at protecting and delivering assistance to Libyan IDPs, vulnerable local non-displaced populations and Migrants and Refugees as per the scope of project. To this end, the Livelihoods Assistant will liaise with DRC staff across departments and implementing partners to ensure compliance with Livelihood - Cash SOPs and the maintenance of SOP-compliant records during programming as directed by Livelihoods Team leader.
- Uphold the professional standards related to livelihoods – cash programming in humanitarian assistance.
- Develop a strong understanding of DRC's livelihoods – cash programming procedures and standards.
- Assist in the implementation of livelihoods projects to selected beneficiaries
- Assist in screening beneficiaries and ensuring they are effectively targeted and selected according to established vulnerability criteria
- Support in the organization of trainings, business grants selection processes and events related to the project
- Developing relationships and liasing with stakeholders in local government, local NGOs, target community and service providers as required
- Monitor self-employment initiatives and training service providers available within the area of operation to provide inputs upon request.
- Maintain proper filing procedures of soft and hard copies ensuring all required documentation is in place.
- Uphold the highest standard of confidentiality when managing records to ensure beneficiary dignity and privacy.
- As time allows, support other program activities, such as rapid assessment.
- Liaise with MEAL unit and provide timely feedback to beneficiary complaints and queries.
- Prepare the attendance sheets and daily monitoring the attendance of CFW project’s beneficiaries through cross-check of the attendance lists with the ID of the beneficiaries. Sign the attendance sheets weekly with the BNFs
- Contribute to the production of quality and timely reports on program activities.
- Provide weekly reports to the Livelihoods Team Leader, including accurate figures of distributions/referrals to service providers done and challenges encountered, in the agreed format.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with local partners and communities in order to maintain trust in DRC’s professional standard and quality of work among all stakeholders.
- Contribute to the effective implementation of all operations support activites, including related to administration, finances and logistics, so as to ensure smooth project implementation. In all matters, comply with internal directive and policies as communicated by the Line Manager and/or the relevant support departments.
- Conduct other tasks as requested by the the line manager for the effective implementation of DRC’s project, including translation, support to capacity-building activities and other duties.
About you :
- 1-2 years of professional experience in the field of social work, humanitarian intervention, community development, or any other relevant field
- Previous experience in Livelihoods and cash assistance programs is desirable
- Previous experience working with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), INGOs, UN Agencies and local communities is desirable
- High-level of computer literacy
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University Degree in the field of BA, social sciences, political sciences, development or any other related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
We offer :
- Type of Contract: National Contract
- Contract length: 12 months
- Designation of Duty Station: Tripoli
- Start date: 20 December 2020
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 29 November , 2020