Livelihoods Officer (Income Generating Activities)
Duty Station [Tripoli,Libya]
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job :
The Livelihoods Officer is responsible for the daily operation of the Economic Recovery Unit under the supervision of the Livelihoods Team Leader and to support the Livelihoods Team Leader in implementation of DRC’s livelihoods activities including CfW (Cash for Work) and income generating activities and the identification of life skills schemes and vocational training initiatives based on labor market information, as well as technically support with employment support services.
- Implement Livelihoods programme activities including CfW, cash distributions, income generating activities as directed by Team Leader and/or Livelihoods Manager. Identify and report challenges and concerns to Team Leader and/or Project Manager;
- Under the leadership of the Livelihoods team leader and Livelihoods manager, implement the self-employment support and creation support component of the program
- Assist in the identification of livelihoods project beneficiaries through DRC assessment tools and based on relevant selection criteria
- Conduct field assessments and surveys such as market assessments, price monitoring, labour market analysis and social cohesion mapping as required;
- Regularly monitor projects activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Team Leader;
- Ensure that all activities are clearly documented as per DRC’s procedures and requirements;
- Responsible for the selection and verification of beneficiaries enrolled in livelihoods program in accordance with the harmonized counseling tools;
- Provide advice and support to project beneficiaries whether through the hotline or on spot and ensure an appropriate follow-up of all cases referred to the unit through the beneficiary feedback mechanism;
- Establish good relationship with vocational training providers, self employed individuals and small businesses apt to be enrolled in the income generating activity project.
- Participate selection committe for evaluation of business proposals as requested by line manager
- -Responsible for the daily supervision, follow-up and monitoring of all Cash for Work (CFW)/rehabilitation activities and CFW/ social activities in the fields, which include beneficiaries (BNFs) attendance, activities daily execution, payments, material reporting and proper implementation of the requirements of the project.
- Prepare the attendance sheets and daily monitoring the attendance of CFW project’s beneficiaries through cross-check of the attendance lists with the ID of the beneficiaries. Sign the attendance sheets weekly with the BNFs
- Contribute to the production of quality and timely reports on program activities;
- Provide weekly/monthly reports to the Livelihoods Team Leader, including accurate figures of distributions/referrals done and challenges encountered, in the agreed format;
- Produce case studies and success stories of families benefited from the livelihood Project Activities as required;
- Develop and strengthen relationships with local partners and communities in order to maintain trust in DRC’s professional standard and quality of work among all stakeholders;
- Maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner organizations, local authorities and humanitarian actors;
- Attend field level meetings when required and providing detailed reports to the Line Manager;
- Ensure the preparation of required documentation for the procurement of goods and services in compliance with DRC requirements and delivered in a timely manner;
- Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager;
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Libya programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct;
- Make sure to spread a positive image of DRC and its activities by explaining what DRC is doing and why DRC operates in that way;
- Uphold the highest standard of confidentiality when managing records to ensure beneficiary dignity and privacy;
About you :
- At least 2 years professional experience in Cash for Work and livelihoods programming including vocational training; business and life skills concepts, business grants and cash for work schemes.
- Experience in the field of social work, humanitarian intervention, community development, or any other relevant field is desirable.
- Previous experience working with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), INGOs, UN Agencies and local communities is desirable.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good communication channels with relevant stakeholders;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University Degree in the field of Business Administration, social sciences, political sciences, development or any other related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
We offer :
- Type of Contract: National Contract
- Contract length: 12 months
- Designation of Duty Station: Tripoli
- Start date: 20 December 2020
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 29 November , 2020