Coordination Support Officer
Pretoria (South Africa)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Resident Coordinator or her designated mandated representative(s), the Coordination Support Officer will work within the RCO team:
- To ensure that the Joint Work Plans developed by the Results Groups are aligned to the Covid-19 knowledge products released by the UN (Socio-Economic Response Plan, Needs Assessment, Emergency Appeal)
- Support coordination of various national stakeholders to ensure they meaningfully participate in the work of the Results Groups and that UN interventions align to ongoing national Covid-19 activities.
- On-going mapping of partner interventions to ensure complementarity between UN and partner activities.
- Support RCO in convening of quarterly Results Group meetings and ensure participation of partners.
- Support quality assurance of all performance and programme information received from UN agencies.
- Support preparation of Results Group quarterly reports outlining implementation of activities
- Support uploading of performance information on the UNINFO system.
- Collect data to inform review and amendment of UN interventions to support Covid-19 early recovery programmes.
- Work with UN Communications Group and Humanitarian Coordination Specialist to develop relevant and informative communications products outlining the work of the UN.
- Support the development of monthly and quarterly progress reports to UNCT.
- Work with the Humanitarian Coordination Specialist to identify needs, gaps and responses, and ensuring that the UN system efforts are integrated, holistic and apply cross-sectoral lens.
- Ensure that all identified needs are adequately reflected in the work of the Results Groups.
- Work with Results Groups to support the mainstreaming of UN programming principles into the Joint Work Plans.
- Support research work of the Theme Groups.
- Support secretariat functions in support of all structures of the UNSDCF Governance Model.
Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. Development, Economics, Public Health, Management, Social Policy, International Relations, Political Affairs
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in a middle income context; experience of 4 years or more is an asset and experience working in the UN or other international development organization will be advantageous;
- Programme Planning and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Policy Analysis
- Experience in multi-stakeholder co-ordination and facilitation is highly desirable;
- Effective communication, networking and organizational skills and ability to work well in a team;
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to rapidly changing needs;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent English drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in development related work, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.