Audio Visual Technician, JA 16-2020
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Bangkok
Job Family: Information Technology
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 2
Duration of contract : Initial three (3) months probationary period; renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 09-DEC-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
UNESCO has started to implement online events such as video conference, online meeting, webinar and live webcast to offer the most cost effective and time saving way to serve our staff. Due to the critical impact of COVID-19 pandemic, the demands of organizing online events have been increasing globally including UNESCO.
In response to the necessity and the growing demands of our organization to operate the online events, we are now looking for a full-time Audio Visual Technician to manage the AV equipment and facilitate the online events for our colleagues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education and under the direct supervision of Head of Executive Office, working in close collaboration with UNESCO IT team, the incumbent will provide technical and administrative support to projects as follows:
• Manage the installation and operation of AV systems.
• Ensure all Audio/Visual equipment are in a good condition, carry out cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
• Assist the management and controlling of online events (Meeting, Webinar, Online Broadcast).
• Prepare the graphic design to be used during online events and for social media promotion.
• Edit and finalize audio and video for distribution as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or related areas.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with AV systems and video editing.
• Experience in Adobe CC package especially Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects.
• Excellent knowledge of English and Thai (spoken and written).
Skills and competencies
- Excellent skills in all aspects of audio visual equipment and software (Adobe CC).
- In-depth working knowledge of camera and lighting techniques.
- Creativity and enthusiasm in photo and video shooting.
- Excellent computer and troubleshooting skills.
- Capacity for accuracy and attention to details in preparation of correspondence.
- Ability to take initiative and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Ability to work independently on delegated tasks and to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work efficiently, under pressure, and in a multi-cultural environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication or related areas.
• Experience in working with audio visual systems.
• Experience in video editing software.
• Experience in the field of Mass Communication.
• Good hearing and eyesight (no color blindness).
Rename the “BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS” title to “APPLICATION PROCESS”, and use additional sections if required to add other relevant information.
Otherwise you can delete this section.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.