Country Coordination Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the Deputy Representative or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer (Monitoring Officer) will support:
- Coordination and collaboration with UN Agencies and Government partners to advance on the Agenda 2030 and the SDGs and to deliver UN comprehensive response to Covid-19:
- Support design, formulation, and implementation, monitoring and reporting of UN joint programmes, and joint programming processes amongst UN entities with a view for joint resource mobilization;
- Provide technical support to UN Social Development Results Group chaired by UNICEF in close collaboration with participating agencies and Government departments for UN Strategic Cooperation Framework (CdCS);
- Support design, formulation, and implementation, monitoring and reporting of UNICEF response to COVID-19 aligned with the United Nations response to COVID-19;
- support internal coordination work of UN Social Development Results Group chaired by UNICEF and the formulation and development of the Joint Work Plans through organizing meetings and maintaining records, and meeting the requirements of the to RCO from UNICEF in a timely manner maintaining quality in all aspects of planning and reporting;
- Through active participation in RCO meetings as well as other inter-agency working groups providing updates on UN’s engagement in Algeria, provide inputs and recommendations to inform decision-making by the UNCT in relation to repositioning of the UN System in Algeria.
- Undertake Advocacy and Communication activities in Algeria
- Contribute and provide inputs to strategic advocacy and communication advise to UNICEF on the 2030 Agenda considering Algeria country context and boost impact of programmatic objectives particularly related to response plan to Covid-19;
- Together with UNICEF communication for development officer and UN communication colleagues, support of the COVID-19 risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) response;
- Together with UN communication colleagues in Algeria, work on messaging for social media posts, review and provide inputs to advocacy materials considering Algeria context;
- Monitor media in the areas related to the UNICEF's mandate and programmes in Algeria, as well as other issues relevant to the UNICEF brand and positioning;
- In line with the UN Communication Strategy and Workplan, participate in organization of UN Day event and / or other international events in Algeria
- Give presentations and conduct outreach activities as required (e.g. in schools).
- Coordination of the Research, Evaluation and quality assurance work within and outside the organization:
- Support the design and implementation of the study on socioeconomic impact of the Covid-19 and other relevant UN analytical work in close coordination with the RCO and UN agencies;
- extend technical support and contribute significantly to “Evaluation” work being undertaken by the ACO which entails strengthening the evaluation systems and processes within the office and working with the Government and the partners to strengthen the national evaluation capacities in Algeria;
- Support additional activities relating to quality assurance, Results Based Management and planning and monitoring.
- A Master degree in a relevant field of expertise (e.g. Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences or other related fields);
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in working with UN agencies and/or the government, with an understanding of the UN coordination /reporting and coordinating Evaluation related work.
- Experience in programme planning and reporting at national and/or international setting desirable
- Excellent technical capacities (proven by 2 or more years of relevant work experience) in strategic planning and monitoring, Results Based Management & specifically in Design and use of Evaluations.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Have affinity with or interest in working for children, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Pas encore enregistré/e dans la banque de candidats VNU ?
Veuillez d’abord enregistrer votre profil sur le site https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important : Une fois votre compte crée, veillez à compléter toutes les sections de votre profil et le soumettre. Puis, connectez-vous à ‘Ma Page’ sur https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage et cliquez sur le lien ‘Recrutement spécial’. Enfin, sélectionnez l’annonce de recrutement spécial à laquelle vous souhaitez postuler.
* Vous avez déjà un profil dans la banque de candidats VNU ?
Veuillez d’abord mettre à jour votre profil sur le site https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Puis, connectez-vous à ‘Ma Page’ sur https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage et cliquez sur le lien ‘Recrutement spécial’ pour sélectionner l’annonce de recrutement spécial à laquelle vous souhaitez postuler.
Ceci est une annonce pour une affectation VNU national. Par conséquence, seuls les citoyens de Algerie et les résidents légaux de (Algerie) ayant le statut de réfugié ou d’apatride peuvent postuler à cette annonce.
Date limite pour postuler : 28-11-2020