Program Coordinator (temporary position, maternity cover for 8 months)
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
Reporting to the Regional Program Manager-Asia, IDLO seeks a Program Coordinator to support implementation of IDLO’s programs in Myanmar. The Program Coordinator is responsible for overall program cycle support including, formulation, implementation, financial and quality compliance. The Program Coordinator interacts with internal as well as external functions and will be responsible for the following key functions.
In particular, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
1. Support day to day program implementation, including work planning, budget management, monitoring, and reporting, and ensure that all project phases are consistent with the project design and delivery schedule and in accordance with IDLO processes and procedures:
- Manage the coordination of work and information;
- Support development of implementation plans by means of standardized program cycle management tools, logic models and frameworks, work plans, and others;
- In coordination with relevant Field Office, monitor daily program implementation issues, including revisions to project design and work plans; make recommendations for timely and optimal course corrections;
- Draft, collate and provide input for the finalization of internal and external reports, in collaboration with relevant field offices and the program compliance Unit; coordinate the approval and submission program reports;
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with the Finance Unit to build accurate financial forecasts, including reviewing financial reports and identifying in advance areas of over- or under-spending, and flagging any urgent budgetary issues to the supervisor/budget holder;
- In conjunction with HR, support in the timely identification and screening of program consultants/contractors and processing of contracts.
2. Monitor Program activities to ensure compliance with contracts and procedures and that program cycle quality controls are in place:
- Ensure internal procedures and guidelines are observed, recommending corrective action and consulting to the appropriate department any potential compliance issues; monitor compliance with program contracts and subcontracts;
- Under the leadership of the Evaluation Unit, support the evaluation of the program;
- Ensure program deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant substantive internal experts.
3. Contribute to Program Development:
- Generate ideas and develop concept notes/proposals for projects and program activities that are aligned to Regional/Country program priorities;
- In coordination with the Program Development Unit and the supervisor, periodically develop proposals or concept notes, aimed at innovatively expanding IDLO’s program portfolio;
- Collaborate with country program staff and local partners ensuring that perspectives and expectations are shared in the design of the project and to gather support in its implementation.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work experience
- Graduate degree, Masters or equivalent, in Law, International Relations, Development Studies or any other related field is required.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of relevant professional experience ideally with an international organization; previous experience in a similar role is desirable;
- Professional experience in rule of law programming would be a considerable asset.
- Fluent oral and writing skills in English are required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Familiarity with standard program and data management methodologies, tools, and processes as well as results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software.
- Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information, contributes, encourages and motivates others to become involved in team activities.
- Resilient, able to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexible and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field, when necessary.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a temporary position for maternity over. IDLO will offer the selected candidate an Affiliate Contract up to 8 months, at an annual basic salary of EUR €36,000, a leave and benefit package, including provident fund, and health insurance in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Installation allowance is available for internationally recruited employees in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or of any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.