Cash and Medical Assistance Benefits Specialist
Wichita (United States of America)
The CMA Specialist will provide comprehensive services and conduct activities related to Cash and Medical Assistance (CMA) programs that are funded by the Kansas Office for Refugees (KSOR). The CMA Specialist will oversee the implementation of Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), Refugee Medical Screening (RMS) and Refugee Medical Assistance (RMA) programs as outlined in federal regulations, by KSOR and the Medical Replacement Designee (MRD). The person in this role will represent the IRC and collaborate and coordinate closely with the funder, other implementing agencies, local stakeholders and service providers.
• Provide comprehensive and required services to IRC clients enrolling or enrolled in Refugee Cash Assistance, Refugee Medical Services or Refuge Health Screening.
• Review RCA applications for accuracy and make eligibility determinations, ensuring non-duplication of services
• Prepare all enrollment documents and conduct enrollment meetings, ensuring clients understand their rights and responsibilities.
• Conduct monthly redetermination meetings, to track and plan participation in employment services for the purpose of determining continued eligibility.
• Prepare the enrollment package including Enrollment Letter and Insurance Card and any other items designated by KSOR or the medical replacement designee (insurer) and conduct enrollment meetings to provide enrollment documents and ensure RMA recipients know their rights and responsibilities.
• Conduct RMA orientation, including in-depth orientation to benefits and local health systems.
• Provide support to recipients with billing issues and troubleshooting with providers who need verification of insurance coverage/benefits.
• Collaborate with KSOR and health clinic staff to ensure refugee health screenings are scheduled and coordinated with the direct service team, and to troubleshoot any issues that arise.
• Prepare and disseminate case closure documentation according to policies.
• Maintain meticulous documentation and ensure that all deliverables are submitted to KSOR on time and in compliance with the policies and procedures.
• Attend all KSOR-scheduled meetings to coordinate with key stakeholders, Quarterly Forums, training events and collaboration meetings.
• Actively engage with donor and other stakeholders to develop policy and processes, identify ways to improve programs and provide feedback.
• Communicate resettlement trends, including spikes in scheduled arrivals, to donor and medical providers on a regular basis.
• Remain current on topics and the context in which CMA benefits are processed, accessed and used, including the Code of Federal Regulations that relate to each of the benefits available through the Kansas CMA Benefits Program.
• Ensure understanding of changes to TANF policies, SNAP Employment & Training, KanCare and/or Medicaid policies, employment programs and local and global medical issues, and how these changes impact clients and KSOR-funded programs.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to:Resettlement Manager
Supervisory responsibility: None
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
• Internal: Wichita office team, HQ departments as required
• External:Kansas Office for Refugees, community stakeholders and organizations, individuals, service providers