Project Manager (m/f/div)
Our Project "Supporting sustainable peace in Afghanistan" aims to enable Afghan stakeholders to establish a sustainable and resilient peace process by strengthening their individual and collective capacity to design and implement nonviolent conflict transformation as a self-owned and self-led process.
Together with the team, the new Project Manager will focus on supporting Afghan stakeholders in laying the groundwork for structural peace through dialogues and the establishment of infrastructures for peace.
Main tasks of the position include:
- Organize, coordinate, and implement project activities in close collaboration with the project team and Afghan partners;
- Support the conceptual development of project activities as well as the team’s overall approach;
- Provide thematic and conceptual guidance to partners;
- Ensure compliance with donor regulations and diligent documentation of project activities;
- Write regular reports for donor(s) in collaboration with the project team;
- Contribute to fundraising for follow-up or related projects.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as peace and conflict studies, political science, or international relations, etc.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant work experience and affinity for project management.
- Knowledge of Afghanistan or a similar context.
- Knowledge and experience in areas of relevance such as community dialogues, peace infrastructures, inclusivity in peace processes.
- Strong intercultural and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with unconventional and demanding conflict actors including high-level individuals.
- Ability to work under time pressure and adjust to a very fluid project context.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Willingness to travel regularly to the project country and other destinations as required.
- Curiosity, empathy, passion, commitment and perseverance.
- German language skills would be an asset
The full-time position (40 hrs/week) will be based in Berlin, Germany for a period of 24 months, starting in January 2021. The position holder reports to the Teamlead Afghanistan.
Application procedure: Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) through our online application system:
We welcome diversity and are happy to receive applications from people regardless of their ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation and marital status.
We look forward to receiving your application!