Security Operations Center (SOC) Assistant/Logistics
Duties and Responsibilities
- The position of SOC Assistant/Logistics reports to the PSA through the Administrative Associate based in OPSA/ Local Security Assistant, OPSA.
- The SOC Assistant to ensure support to normal security operations through maintenance of security communications equipment and vehicles including those issued to all UNDSS funded FSCOs/Local Security Assistants, at the UN Integrated Security Crisis Coordination Center (CCC), at the Regional Security Operations Centers, and Local Cost Shared Security Budget funded personnel.
- Maintains communication equipment available in CCC, ISW and OPSA including but not limited to HF/VHF radios, Fax machines, digital sender/scanner and satellite phones.
- Filing and registration of all incoming/outgoing documents regarding the security communications equipment and vehicles at the OPSA and at the CCC.
- Keeping in mind the importance of communication in terms of security, the SOC Assistant should regularly ensure that all the equipment in the CCC are operational and working. Report any problem affecting communication equipment to the radio technicians and the CCC Coordinator.
- Maintain up to date UNDSS and LCSSB Assets Inventory in OPSA in coordination with Administrative Associate/LSA, OPSA and UNDP Asset Manager;
- Maintain the record and list of all UNDSS and LCSSB items to be written off and ensure safe custody.
- Coordinate with UNDP for timely disposal of all such item and keep record of all disposals;
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies of UNDSS Vehicles including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicles;
- Ensure that all UNDSS vehicles are maintained, kept clean and are always in good working condition, kept running and are driven when needed;
- Should there be need during emergencies and to replace absent security operations assistants-radio operators, work in CCC as a radio operator including following tasks:
- Ensure the confidentiality of information handled by the radio room, as per UN procedures at all times.
- Follow available communications means including WhatsApp, email, viber, radios, mobile phone and office extension for receiving security related information and communicate accordingly.
- Conduct Security Mandatory Radio Check of UNDSS/UNAMA international staff in Kabul on nightly basis.
- Communicating Security Advisories and Alerts from UNDSS office to all UN agencies.
- Contributing to CCC operations as the main Back-up Communication center
- Perform any other duties/tasks as and when requested by PSA or D/PSA
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Security & Safety (General)
- Knowledge of the UN Security Management System (UNSMS) and UNDP's role in addressing security issues
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of professionals towards common goals
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum high school diploma and training in relevant field. University Degree is an advantage.
- With High School minimum 10 years and with Bachelor 7 years of substantive working experience in security operations with experience in handling logistics including vehicles and communications equipment. Work experience with UN or other international organizations is an advantage.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken in addition to Dari and Pashto, both written and spoken is mandatory.
- Good communicator
- Good knowledge on communication equipment, tracking system, camera/CCTV monitoring, electronic access control, etc.
- Solid computers skills with all MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point etc.), as well as Adobe Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of maintenance of the armoured vehicles.
- Good knowledge and understanding of locations of the host government departments including security authorities in country.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.