Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the supervision of the UNAIDS Country Director (UCD), and direct guidance of the Community Networking Adviser, the incumbent will support the UCO in following tasks:
· Supporting UNAIDS in bringing the leadership of other UN agencies and communities of people living with HIV, young people, women and key populations to the decision making table on addressing and integrating COVID-19 strategies, funding , evidence based implementations, and monitoring. .
· Specifically participate at National, and UN COVID-19 technical meetings with a specific focus on MoH and UAC, with regards to their implementation of what is actually planned in communities.
· Regularly contribute to populating of the UNAIDS COVID-19 portal
· Identify and support strategic alliances with National and civil society organisations to support tracking and monitoring government accountability in implementing costed HIV plans at district and community level.
· Support and strengthen alliances between HIV and COVID-19 in relation with civil society organisations, Private Sector companies and other social justice movements at sub-national and district level, including those relating to human rights, women’s rights, access to justice, among others.
· Knowledge management and sharing of vital information using the same CSO platforms for HIV, and COVID-19 within the community to create trust, buying and ownership by the residents of the community. Specifically liaise with the UNAIDS Strategic information Adviser for dissemination of HIV service disruption reports to key partners
· In support of “The peoples’ vaccine”, establish and conduct regular dialogue about vaccines and its importance between the community and the UN-family, to establish early on the trust within the community and to ensure that those who need it most are vaccinated first and foremost.
· All other related duties as assigned.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Masters degree in social science, public health, policy, or international development
Desirable: Specialization in field of public Health complemented by degree or studies in social science.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least 3 years of professional experience at national and/or global/regional level, complemented by experience in at least one of the areas of communities led responses, public health and gender equality based programs, policy analysis, international affairs, political and strategic planning. Broad experience in working with and mobilizing a range of external partners.
Desirable: Experience in working with the UN system or other multilateral organizations. Experience working with key population networks.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, VisionApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 02-12-2020?