Finance and Administration Assistant
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world's leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a qualified Finance and Administration Assistant.
Overall purpose of the role: The Finance and Administration Assistant provides support for the day-to-day functioning of the DRC office and the implementation of DRC programmes in the area of responsibility. The Finance and Administration Assistant reports to HoSS with technical management from Finance Coordinator, works closely with the logistics and programme staff to:
1. Ensure smooth and timely management for admin/finance tasks
2. Support Program unit in terms of admin/finance issues
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Support Finance Coordinator with all specific aspects of office accounting
- Prepare payments made in cash, by check or via bank transfers in the existing DRC forms
- Keep local cash payments and advances
- Ensure to update cashbooks on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies.
- Provide proper Cash Book supportive documentation, ensure to finalize the soft and hard version of supportive documents in the Cash Book
- Create Expenses in Dynamics, create Dynamics Journals, book cash transaction or other needed batches to Dynamics
- Ensure that advances and deposits are issued based on relevant approval and is settled according to DRC procedures
- Ensure that the cost description in the vouchers, cashbook, journals and that the quality of overall meets the DRC internal guidelines.
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents.
- Ensure that scanned vouchers are sent to archive regularly.
- Work effectively with Finance Coordinator, logistics and program staff in procuring supplies (program/office supplies, stationary, etc.) and services (utilities) as needed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that DRC internal and donor specific procurement guidelines and procedures pertaining to conflict of interest and the international code of conduct are followed, enforced and met.
- Ensure that all documentation is prepared in a transparent and accountable manner and that relevant staff is provided with regular updates on the procurement status.
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents
- Provide the scanned vouchers and store on server on a daily basis. Attach scans to Dynamics batches
- Provide bank payments requests
- Provide administrative support to program and other staff, support with travel booking and accommodation
- Other administrative and logistics tasks as requested by management
- Understand, and ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct
Required experience and competencies
- University degree in finance or accounting.
- Previous experience in administration and finance (minimum 1 year and more)
- Basic English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Fluent Ukraine/Russian
- Microsoft Office, good/advanced Excel skills, preferred experience with ERP systems
- Analytical and detail oriented
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC's core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC's values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 3 months with possibility of extension based on successfull probation.
Start date; ASAP
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council's Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 6 December 2020
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.