IT Associate (Service Contract - SC6)
Fiji (Fiji )
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goals 2 (Zero Hunger) and 17 (Partnerships).
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services. Maintain IT and telecommunications equipment to ensure satisfactory connectivity between users of equipment in the WFP Office. Maintain, upgrade or enhance existing systems including troubleshooting and providing technical user support i.e. resolve network problems and advise on use of new systems. This will require liaison with the ICT Unit at the WFP Regional Bureau in Bangkok (RBB) from time-to-time.
Job title: IT Associate
Vacancy number: 130483
Contract type: Service Contract (SC-6)
Duration: 12 months (with possibility for extension)
Duty Station: Suva, Fiji
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialised network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered, and accurate information is provided to staff.
- Provide standard technical training and develop standard material to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff.
- Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Implement improvements to IT methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
- Install or coordinate installation, operate and ensure maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
- Responsible for record and maintain all relevant IT records and files such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organized, and act as Procurement Focal point for the IT related issue.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Any other duties as required.
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the area of IT services is highly desirable.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in IT services including Telecommunications, networking (LAN), print services, Microsoft Operating Systems and end user applications and tools (Office 365).
- Experience in Active Directory is an added advantage.
- Experience performing user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community, including the emergency operations user community.
- Experience in the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems is an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Firewall Management, Hardware maintenance (Laptops, Mobile devices).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to develop project deliverables and achievable plans.
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required, Proficiency in a second UN languages is an advantage.
Deadline: 14 December 2020 23:59 Eastern Standard Time (14 December 2020 at 16:59 Fiji Time)
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Fiji. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website (http;//www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.