Director of Operations, Liberia
At Last Mile Health, we do things differently, despite the challenges. Do you have a record of operational innovation in the world’s most complex environments? If so, you may be our next Director of Operations, Liberia.
As the Director of Operations, Liberia reporting to the Country Director, you will lead the LMH Liberia Operations team, leading implementation and innovation of operational systems and ensuring all operations team members have the technical and management supports to execute their work. Overseeing supply chain management, procurement, fleet management, safety and security, and IT functions in-country, you will ensure successful coordination of all operation units to support our programming to reach Liberia’s last mile.
What You'll Do
- Lead LMH Liberia Operations team, including monitoring performance, identifying and addressing any shortcomings that might affect overall organizational performance, and creating opportunities for staff growth and development in technical/management aspects of their roles.
- Provide expert and real-time coaching to Operations team members focused on technical skill development, new systems and procedures, and career growth
- Serve on the Senior Management Team for LMH Liberia, collaborating with other department heads to steer the in-country activities and guide safety and security policies and procedures
- In coordination with County Managers, verify that county procurement and logistics policies are appropriate, documented, disseminated and required monitoring processes are effective for ensuring success of field activities.
- Assist logistics staff in working effectively with other units to improve planning and resource utilization across the organization.
- Coordinate with LMH’s National Community Health Systems team and the Ministry of Health on operational systems, quality assurance, and best practices from field-based implementation to support refinement of operational systems with the government.
- In coordination with the LMH Finance, MERL, and Programs teams, and the Ministry of Health, introduce a logistics management information system that tracks requisition, distribution, and consumption.
What You'll Bring
- You are a seasoned operations professional, with several years of experience in developing and implementing operational strategies and systems in complex environments and/or low-resource contexts.
- You have led the development and implementation of procurement, supply chain management, logistics, and information systems.
- Significant project management experience, including development of cross-site, long-term projects and workplans and use of project management systems and technology.
- BA/S in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operation and Logistics, or relevant degree
You'll Impress Us If
- You have done this work in the health sector
- You have a MBA, MPP, or MPH
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.