Youth and Adolescent Development Officer
East Jerusalem (Palestinian Territory)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Adolescent Development Active Participation (ADAP) specialist (NO-3) the UNV provides professional, technical, operational and administrative assistance on rolling out and facilitating all work related to Generation Unlimited from development planning to delivery of results. This includes preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate the Generation unlimited development and implementation as well as follow-up with UNICEF team and partners, programme progress, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and draft possible proposals for fundraising.
He/she will be responsible for the following key functions/accountabilities:
- Develop and operationalize a mechanism for adolescents and young people participation in decision making:
Support in developing and working with the adolescents counselling teams in SoP:
To promote adolescent’s participation and encourage the government and UN agencies to work with young people the UNV will support the coordination between young people and different UN agencies and government bodies to give young people and an active role to participate in decision making and programs related to them. The UNV will work closely with young people and partners to equip young people with the needed skills and knowledge to work actively with the policy makers and service providers.
- Support Adolescents active participation, including in decision making. Coordinate with the UNVs supporting GenU initiative to ensure their active role in decision making at all levels of implementation and documentation.
- Develop mechanisms for adolescent participation in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies targeting them.
- Document the information related to adolescents needs and services.
- Work closely with young people to identify challenges and solutions which could help the UN agencies and government in the development of national policies and design of a national strategy to address these challenges.
2. Support in the documentation on the Generation Unlimited initiative (GenU).
- Draft communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fundraising for the Adolescent and Youth component of the country’s programme. These include Human Interest Stories, reports or factsheets and other relevant documents on UNICEF ADAP work or GenU in SoP.
- GenU documentation and reporting; Support in data gathering and information from partners to include in the reports requested by the RO and HQ. Work closely with Regional Office (RO) colleagues to provide them with latest developments on GenU
- Support in the coordination with all stakeholders taking part in the GenU initiative. Provide expertise and advocate for the initiative, providing information and situation of GenU at global level and in SoP.
- Support the implementation of GIGA initiative State of Palestine.
- Support in the coordination and information sharing between MoE and UNICEF.
- Support in mapping the school connectivity in SoP, by providing the information requested from the MoE to UNICEF innovation team in HQ.
- Technical and operational support in the development of the National Youth Volunteering Service programme.
- Work closely with the UNVs hosted at the PMO and UNFPA, and report to the ADAP specialist on the achievements and challenges faced on the implementation of the agreed on deliverables under the work plan will be developed between the UN agencies and the PMO to support the platform.
Bachelor's degree in Social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical fieldRequired experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Excellent writing, organizational and planning skills
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Planning and Organizing, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
This is a National Specialist UN Volunteer assignment with monthly VLA payment of ILS 4724.83. Only applications from “Palestinians” living in Jerusalem and West Bank will be considered.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup . Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org//candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with Application Code.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile . Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with Application Code.