Field Program Manager, Somalia (OPEN ONLY TO INTERNAL APPLICANTS)
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Manager, the Field Program Manager engages with internal and external functions in order to manage the IDLO programs including developing the design and management of the complete work and staffing plan, budget.
Summary of Functions:
- Manage day to day program implementation;
- Ensure program compliance with donor contracts as well as quality standards.
- Oversee Program Reporting, Monitoring, and Evaluation.
- Program Development and Program Representation.
- Lead team, ensuring effective, efficient, results-based, and timely delivery of activities and results
Key results expected:
1. Manage day to day program implementation and issues, including work planning, budget management, monitoring, and reporting, and ensure that all phases of the project are consistent with the project design and delivery schedule;
- Monitor revisions to project design and work plans; make recommendations for timely and optimal course corrections;
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with the IDLO HQ Finance Department and HQ program counterpart in order to build accurate financial forecasts, including reviewing financial reports and identifying areas of over-or under-spending, and flagging any urgent budgetary issues
- Oversee the timely identification and screening of program contractors and employees as well as the processing of contracts.
- Draft and provide inputs to annual and quarterly reports; coordinate the submission of financial and narrative reports; highlighting the value and impact the program/activity brings.
2. Ensure program compliance with donor contracts as well as quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with program contracts and subcontracts;
- In consultation with the Office of the General Counsel, review, draft and advise on contracts, agreements, and other legal documents;
- Conduct research on legal, political, social, and economic events, trends, and/or developments relating to the program; respond to internal and external requests for such research;
- Design, research, draft, and edit legal working papers, memos, briefs, and other original materials in the field experience, and utilize these materials for the development of relevant outputs;
- Ensure program deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant substantive internal experts.
3. Oversee Program Reporting, Monitoring, and Evaluation.
- Collaborate with the Evaluation team and liaise closely with the relevant Program units on the evaluation of programs;
- Identify and report difficulties or possible change in the program strategy, objectives, results, or activities, and make recommendations for timely and optimal course corrections;
- Identify project and team successes and lead documentation for internal and external information sharing.
4. Program Development and Program Representation.
- Represent IDLO in program events, and under the guidance of the supervisor, build relationships with donors, UN agencies, government institutions; CSO's and other stakeholders in the rule of law field, through meeting and the preparation of reports and briefs;
- In coordination with the supervisor, generate ideas and identify new program opportunities; provide substantive input in the development of proposals or concept notes aimed at innovatively expanding IDLO’s program portfolio in line with country/regional/organizational strategies;
- Responsible for design of implementation plans by means of standardized program cycle management tools, logic models and frameworks, work plans, monitoring reports, and others.
5. Lead team, ensuring effective, efficient, results-based, and timely delivery of activities and results;
- Effectively lead the team by providing clear direction, addressing development, and performance management through ongoing dialogue, and mentoring; fostering a teamwork approach in meeting objectives and goals; address possible conflicts in a positive and constructive manner; encourage initiative and maintain effective working relationships within a multi-cultural setting.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Professional Experience
- Advanced university degree in international development, law, public administration, business administration, public policy, or other relevant social sciences.
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience ideally within an international organization.
- Fluency in English is required
Specific Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Familiarity with standard program and data management tools, as well as results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software.
- Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information contributes, encourages, and motivates others to become involved in team activities. Provides constructive feedback and willingly helps others. Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries.
- Acts as a role model and offers guidance to colleagues. Takes initiative to share knowledge, experiences, and information with others. Accepts and gives constructive feedback (up, down, and across) to develop and motivate others.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
- The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the region, if necessary.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate. Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this internationally recruited position, IDLO will offer the selected candidate a Professional Affiliate Contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding, an annual basic salary, a comprehensive leave and benefit package, provident fund, and health insurance in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
Relocation and installation allowances are also available for internationally recruited employees in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the staff member assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.