Senior ICT Associate
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION - UNOPS Amman Hub
The UNOPS Hub in Amman implements projects on behalf of UN agencies and bilateral donors and in close coordination with the Government and national authorities. With an established presence across the region, the office runs operations including large-scale procurement, project development, and technical management, and provides financial, human resources, and infrastructure-related services.
The UNOPS Hub in Amman delivers projects in an efficient and effective manner, in line with the principles, rules, and regulations of UNOPS, to achieve the outcomes sought by the clients.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
UNOPS is committed to achieving a fully diverse workforce.
Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS is undertaking a project to support the establishment and management of the Programme Management Unit” (PMU) funded by the Federal Republic of Germany through the KfW. The PMU will be incorporated into the Development Cooperation Unit (DCU) at the Ministry of Education (MoE), and it aims to support the establishment of the function of coordination and facilitation for the German School Construction Projects (SCP) at the MoE (DCU) and to support the implementation of the Development Policy Loan (DPL) and any other future projects financed by the German Government.
The main objectives of the PMU include: a) to facilitate and create the function of coordination for all the German projects and activities at MoE, b) to act as a focal point for KfW/Government of Germany and the School Construction Projects and DPL; c) support communication and coordination with other stakeholders, and d) to provide capacity development, on-the-job training, and quality assurance, considering international standards of the outputs related to these projects prepared by the concerned departments and managements at MoE.
The DPL aims at supporting reforms in the Ministry of Education (MoE) and related entities to improve Facility Management (FM) in Jordanian public schools. The reform agenda for the DPL will primarily focus on facility management at three levels: i) policy, ii) school administration, iii) governorates and field directorates, and iv) schools and local communities.
The Senior ICT Associate will be responsible for customizing the process of workflow according to projects’ cycle needs; tracking the flow of tasks between the different parties and units; creating and publishing of reports; planning and delivering CRM (Customer Relationship Management) strategies; as well as providing technical support for the SharePoint environment, Oracle and CRM including assessment and implementation of new capabilities.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of PMU, the Senior ICT Associate must be able to undertake independently, the following functional/ technical tasks:
- Analyze the existing governmental Oracle-based Reporting Dashboard System, or any other available and/ or new system, identify the required modifications in characteristics or equipment configurations, and utilize them for establishing a mechanism for monitoring and tracking the projects at the different phases;
- Provide technical support in data and document entry into the used various platforms;
- Maintain updated MoE available plot sites data that are shared with stakeholders including MoE field directorate to ensure having one focal point for all plots data, such as through using shared database between central and field levels to avoid any contradictions;
- Provide technical support and advice for establishing an efficient reporting system at different authority levels including to HE the Minister, DCU, and KfW;
- Provide support to management and administration of the programme’s ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning);
- Advise on the preparation, coordination and supervision of the systems;
- Elicit the programmes’ needs and requirements and analyze them to identify the functional and non-functional requirements of the system;
- Provide “Data Management System” in managing and using coordination, scheduling, programming, file sharing and collaboration platforms;
- Provide IT-related technical support to the PMU staff in the preparation of professional periodic reports;
- Share knowledge with the PMU team members and other relevant key stakeholders to ensure coordinated delivery of activities and synergies;
- Contribute to the identification and dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for PMU SCP, DPL, and as well as any future German funded initiatives in the education sector development planning and knowledge building;
- Integrate all new and updated data into the open EMIS and GIS mapping at MoE in cooperation with relevant team(s);
- Perform any other duties as required for the successful implementation of the project.
Supporting the communication with following stakeholders outside MoE:
- Government entities for approvals and updating the system.
- Implementation Consultants
- Donors/Implementing Agencies/International Partners
- Development Coordination Unit (DCU)
- Managing Directorate of Educational Planning Research, GIS / CIM Section and open EMIS
- Managing Directorate of Queen Rania Center for Education & Information Technology
- Managing Directorate of School of Buildings and International Projects
- MOE Field Directorates
- Schools Administration
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Number of system modifications conducted in order to establish a mechanism for monitoring and tracking the projects at the different phase;
- Number of technical support provided with regards to the management and administration of the programme’s ERP;
- Number of technical support provided for establishing an efficient reporting system, managing and using coordination, scheduling, programming, file sharing and collaboration platforms.
- Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information System, Computer Engineering is desired.
- MS Project, MS Planner, PMP, TS, ITP, MCSE or other MS certifications are preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in providing IT support, CRM, SharePoint Admin and/or development within a project context;
- Experience in Cloud based CRM, ERP, and CRM hardware and software requirements is required;
- Experience in assigning permissions across shareholders and CRM disciplines users is required;
- High proficiency with computers, and other software/ platforms related to the positions field of expertise. Good experience in working with the G-Suite platform including, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides is required;
- Excellent communication, coordination, and organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate with multiple parties involved in the projects, is required;
- Experience with an international organization and/or UN agencies is preferred;
- Experience in preparing, coordinating, and leading donor reporting processes is preferred;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is required.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractual Agreement (ICA)
Contract level: Local ICA Support- LICA 7
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Amman is a family duty station.
- This position is open to nationals only.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
- Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.