Senior MEAL Assistant
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of M&E Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Senior MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) Assistant will:
- Support preparation of project reports for MEAL and review progress report, and provide feedback to improve the quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Facilitate and contribute to the development of monitoring, evaluation, and quality assurance processes and update all MEAL system standard documents regularly.
- Support M&E Officer for including relevant monitoring and evaluation findings, conclusion and recommendation into project formulation, donor reports, and strategic documents
- Provide technical support to the MEAL team and project teams in the preparation of meetings, including the preparation of notes, briefs, and other materials to be shared in events and workshops
- Coordinate and provide technical guidance to the MEAL team in meeting internal reporting requirements and deadlines and produce quality reports, including monitoring reports, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting of the unit.
- Facilitate training on report writing and monitoring and evaluation to develop the capacity of the staffs and implementing partner to improve MEAL reporting and provide ongoing routine coaching and mentorship of partners MEAL
- Train staff in monitoring, evaluation, and reporting under the rules and regulations provided in the IOM Project Handbook and adapt these training in Turkish/Arabic language and operational context to develop the capacity of implementing partners.
- Support in the facilitation of integration of IASC principles, Accountability Framework, cross-cutting issues (gender, protection), and core humanitarian standards in MEAL functions
- Support M&E officer to identify, document, and disseminate good practices, lessons learned identified through monitoring and evaluation activities and share learning and tools with project teams and other agencies and use the experience of other agencies to improve IOM Turkey MEAL practices and participate in inter-agency MEAL coordination meetings
- Support in the process of reviewing and documenting AAP measures and reports produced by community feedback assistants.
- Support review of draft ToR and evaluation reports, ensuring compliance with IOM quality standards and donor requirements.
- Ensure all M&E reports and records are clearly organized archived in a central location for future reference.
- Support in documentation to share M&E findings with relevant stakeholders and provide timely and updated reports to be used in discussions in appropriate forums.
- Enhance organizational effectiveness through the development and use of templates, tips, mechanisms, and guidelines to support report writing and MEAL processes
- Participate in project review and learning events for direct & partner implemented projects before the closure of the project in order to document learnings and best practice for future programs.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor degree in a relevant fieldRequired experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- Excellent command of English;
- Proven experience in working, editing, and writing documents in English;
- Experience in technical writing and editing, preferably in the international development/humanitarian sector; working knowledge of donor liaison and project development an asset;
- Knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation to emergency conflict contexts using quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Experience in presentation, data processing or analysis (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is preferred
- Communicates with integrity to different stakeholders (strong interpersonal skills).
- Ability to design and facilitate training and effectively facilitate meetings is required.
- Proven strong organizational skills and practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Turkish(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Turkey and legal residents in Turkey with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 06-12-2020