Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Job title: Compliance Officer
Department: Impact Malaria
Based in Washington DC
Reports to the Contracts and Compliance Manager
International Travel: up to 10%
Who we are
We're Population Services International (PSI), a leading global health organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. It's a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The US Presidents Malaria Initiative (PMI) Impact Malaria project is PMI's flagship global malaria service delivery project, helping to improve the quality and increase the delivery of malaria diagnosis and treatment services in up to 27 countries around the world. PMI Impact Malaria is a USAID contract hosted and led by PSI as the prime contractor.
PMI Impact Malaria works with national malaria control programs to help tackle these challenges by:
- Closing the gaps in malaria service delivery to get the right medicine, with the correct diagnosis, to patients in need, in the timeliest manner.
- Unlocking the potential of key drug-based approaches, by helping countries to introduce, implement, and scale-up proven innovations to move countries forward in their elimination efforts, according to each country's unique malaria situation.
- Strengthening malaria health systems and the use of data for decision-making to link operational research and country-led dialogue with global technical leadership for the means of accelerating service delivery improvements and advancing key learnings.
The PMI Impact Malaria (IM) team is a results-focused, multi-disciplined and multi-cultured team, based out of Washington DC, working through PSI country offices as well as through our partners Jhpiego, MCDI and UCSF.
The PMI Impact Malaria (IM) project under Population Services International (PSI) seeks a Compliance Officer to support a multi-country, multi-million-dollar USAID malaria service delivery program to support service delivery across public, private and community channels, and shape the future of malaria case management in at least 17 countries.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Including but not limited to; Small Business Reporting; Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC) reporting; Datasets to the Development Data Library (DDL) reports
- Ensure Patriot Act and Transparency Act anti-terrorism and suspension and debarment reporting and compliance for all subcontract, consultant and procurement actions.
- Ensure FFATA reporting in fsrs.gov for all first-tier subcontracts/subawards.
- Interpret and advise project staff on FAR/AIDAR regulations and guidelines, project specific policies and PSI policies.
- Assist the Compliance Manager in preparing requests for prior approval in accordance with the requirements of the contract.
- Prepare close out documentation for Subcontracts and Contract.
- Other relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist with development and/or drafting of subcontracts and subsequent amendments.
- Learn to identify and evaluate risks, minimize exposure, and assist the Compliance Manager with ensuring compliance from inception to closeout.
- Review Pre-award Assessment Questionnaires of subcontractors prepared by Network Members; draft Selection and Negotiation Memoranda, and liaise with Network Members to ensure that Risk-based Monitoring Plans for subcontractors are regularly updated reflecting current level of risk.
- Support review of subcontract templates prepared by Program Officers for review and approval by the Grants & Contracts Department.
- Assist with site visits (remote desk reviews and/or onsite visits) and ensure that site visits and ongoing monitoring of subcontractors is conducted and documented throughout program implementation in collaboration with Network Member staff, Program Officers, and Finance Manager.
- Review procurement actions, including non-standard vendor agreements, prior to finalization and execution as directed by the Finance & Admin Manager once budget allocation has been confirmed.
- Liaise with key stakeholders as necessary to support prime contract and task order requirements.
- Assist in maintaining and developing various required trackers for subcontract and procurement activities.
Internal Compliance Reviews
- Assist with internal compliance reviews as guided by the Compliance Manager, included but not limited to use of Grants & Contracts tools and templates, 1420 Biodata forms, travel approval requirements, waiver requirements for CCNs/TCNs, and procurement waivers.
- Review PSI's prior internal audit reports and subcontractors' prior audit reports to identify areas for improvement related to contract management.
- Maintain proper filing on subject, providing evidence and solid supporting documentation for all compliance reviews and initiatives performed by Impact Malaria team.
- Maintain Impact Malaria filing system, update tracker
- Maintain an electronic library of Impact Malaria's various templates.
- Assist with drafting approvals to procure goods and services
- Provide guidance on procurement rules and regulations
- Support compliance and procurement training and orientation to the project staff in the HO and in the field. Qualifications
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don't let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren't afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You're independent and a free thinker, but you're ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least 5+ years experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Strong preference for experience in USG contract compliance administration, with an emphasis on USAID government contracting and procurement.
- Ability to write well with attention to detail in order to compose reports, presentations, and emails in an organized, logical, and concise manner.
- French language skills an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Experience responding to audit inquiries, working closely with external parties to ensure a high degree of compliance.
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Strong desire to learn
- References will be required
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*This position is contingent on PSI securing a large USAID Contract
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.