Business Support Assistant G3, WFP Innovation Accelerator
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill the short-term position (11 months) of Office Coordination - Business Support Assistant G3 for the WFP Innovation Accelerator based in Munich, Germany.
WFP seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Applicants must reside within commuting distance of the duty station Munich, Germany.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency fighting hunger. WFP reaches more than 80 million people every day - delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with smallholder farmers, communities and governments to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The WFP Innovation Accelerator has been named one of the top 10 innovative companies 2017 by FastCompany for operating a real start-up accelerator to disrupt global hunger at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). It identifies, supports and scales high potential solutions to hunger worldwide - both WFP innovators and external start-ups with $50-100K cash, hands-on support by our team and access to WFP's global operations in developing countries in a 3-6-month sprint programme. The most promising innovations are supported in scaling further. This support addresses both WFP innovations and external start-ups working on solutions to fight global hunger. More information here: http://innovation.wfp.org and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnKkQlRdh2c.
The incumbent will report to the Head of Business Development and is expected to deliver business support in line with the office activities, ensuring effective delivery of timely and quality services. The incumbent will provide overall office administrative support including travel, procurement and logistics in following areas: handling of administrative and business support tasks for the physical and virtual office and support to on-site and virtual Innovation Bootcamps/Events.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide timely and accurate service to clients.
- Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
- Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Make travel arrangements and support events, etc., to support staff to work effectively.
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems to ensure information is organized and readily available for the business team.
SPECIFIC POST REQUIREMENTS (As required by the Hiring Manager)
- Experience in planning and organizing on-site and virtual events.
- Experience in handling travel arrangements such as visa formalities and flights/hotel bookings.
- Experience dealing with procurement processes.
- Experience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders/entities for sharing and collating information.
- Some experience in assisting the onboarding and installation of new staff, including relocation, registration and protocol support.
- Experience working with records management systems, filing structures, and electronic records.
- Experience supporting the preparation of information/communication materials.
- Experience working in an international organization.
- Knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules and regulations and procedures.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and German (Level C).
Experience: Three or more years of experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Knowledge of standardized business support work routines and methods.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft Word.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
- Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. Please visit the following website for detailed information on working with WFP “ http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Applicants must be:
- German nationals holding a valid passport and/or identity card.
- Non-German citizens holding a valid Resident Permit to work and live in the country.
Deadline for applications: 20 December 2020
Ref. VA: 131306