||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
- Our client in Afghanistan supports sustainable reintegration of returnees within their communities of return. Community based sustainable reintegration activities are implemented in provinces of high return with an integrated approach to the economic, social & psychosocial aspects of reintegration at both the individual & community levels.
- Activities include the implementation of integrated community development projects to foster income generation, skills training & apprenticeships to foster employability & support to foster employment, notably among persons with specific needs.
- Under the overall supervision of the RADA Project Manager, the direct, functional supervision of the National Program Officer & the daily, administrative supervision of the Head of Mazar Sub Office, the successful candidate will assist in the effective implementation of all activities related to skills training & employment.
Based in Mazar, s / he will work in close cooperation with local authorities, community representatives, implementing partners & other client staff on the following responsibilities:
- Assist with the development & implementation of the business development & skills training components of the project & ensure implementation of apprenticeships, job placements, liaison with participating businesses in employment & skills development activities including the coordination with implementing partners, selection & support to project participants & monitoring of activities to ensure achievements of targets.
- Contribute to developing selection & technical assessment documents, business plans & other required documents related to the support skills development & job placements with participating businesses.
- Collect & share the required data from the participants, businesses & share with the skills training TL in Kabul.
- Ensure alignment to national priorities in the field of economic growth, private sector development as per the ANPDF & ensure synergies with national priority programs such as the citizen’s charter & maintain close coordination with relevant govt. departments, authorities & stakeholders at the provincial level.
- Provide technical support & oversight to field staff & support field monitoring of the activities to ensure quality standards are met are in line with the relevant guidelines, project indicators & benchmarks.
- Contribute to reporting, including for visibility & communication purposes on business & skills development activities, provide inputs for monthly reports as well as for any other relevant documents / publications.
- Contribute to the development of new business development activities, skills development (including TVET, apprenticeships & job placements) & employment projects in coordination with relevant colleagues & stakeholders.
- Ensure adequate integration of cross cutting issues such as protection, labour rights, gender & decent work in project assessments & implementation, in close coordination with relevant units.
- Closely work with RADA TL in Balkh a carryout any RADA project related tasks assigned.
- Undertake regular duty travel to all target provinces.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
This role works under the overall supervision of the RADA Project Manager, the direct, functional supervision of the National Program Officer & the daily, administrative supervision of the Head of Mazar Sub-Office.
- Inclusion & respect for diversity respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintain high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of challenges to employability & employment in Afghanistan, challenges & opportunities (including technical &financial) for businesses, understand national development policies, priorities & is able to cascade to other team members.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of standard office software for reporting purposes including MS Word products: Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
This role has no team management responsibility.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements & security clearances.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.