Washington D.C. (United States of America)
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
General Accounting (GENACT) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The General Accounting/Global Treasury Department, a unit of Financial Services under the Office of the CFO contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Provide monthly financial close analysis and entries and daily cash management support.
The Accountant will be responsible for key weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities. These activities will include processing and properly coding cash and wire transfer transactions, reconciling accounts, and ensuring data accuracy.
- Perform daily cash management duties including cash receipt recording, wire preparation, and weekly sales invoice preparation.
- Prepare month end investment, prepaid expense and fixed asset account reconciliations.
- Prepare budget versus actual variance analyses for company and country office operations.
- Prepare month end trend analyses for company and country office operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 3- 5 years of experience.
- Excellent Knowledge of GAAP and 2 CFR 200, as well as project accounting experiences
- Experience with developing budgets and projections
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Flexibility in a multicultural environment.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder with internal and external stakeholders.
· Familiarity with Serenic/NAV General Ledger system.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Please click here to apply for this position.