Chief of Party (COP), Mozambique
*Position is contingent to funding and donor approval.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party (COP), Mozambique, you are responsible for the overall management and representation of the activity. S/he will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. For management, you must have proven leadership skills managing projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries. You must have prior experience effectively managing USAID development activities. You must have prior experience working in Mozambique or the Southern Africa region, familiarity with the country’s social landscape, and demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- A master’s degree in development studies, international relations, agriculture, nutrition, public health, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects is required; Two years of applicable experience can substitute for a master’s degree
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, preferably USAID Office or Food for Peace (FFP) policies, rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with USAID FFP Development Food Security Activities (DFSA) programs, as well as experience managing programmatic and financial reporting.
- Proven ability in the management of large integrated grant-funded projects in developing countries.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- Travel to the United States WVUS Washington, DC Office to meet with donors and other stakeholders.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 22 JAN 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.