Medical Officer (2 positions: Yumbe 1 & Lamwo 1)
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Health Manager, the Medical Officer will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of SRH services components including; modern family planning methods, safe abortion care, emergency obstetric care including RH referral management system in the field locations (Yumbe, Arua and Lamwo). He/she will be expected to monitor and ensure improvement and maintenance of SRH performance indicators within the IRC Uganda programs as per donor requirements and/or Sphere/WHO standards in humanitarian settings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop working systems and strategies to deliver the WISH2ACTION project indicators related to CYPs, Additional users, users poverty and adolescent access to quality family planning services
- Oversee quality training, mentorship and coaching of SRH providers to promote uptake of family planning (FP) and use of FP commodities including IUDs, implants, Permanent methods and post abortion care services (PAC).
- Ensure high quality clinical care and standards through bi-annual quality of care assessments, proficiency testing, VCATs, client satisfaction and mystery client surveys
- Support SRH Providers to enable them to communicate all RH information and options clearly and respectfully to all men, women, boys and girls.
- Provide desired Family Planning services to clients in an ethically acceptable manner.
- Work with the supply chain and health teams to develop accurate and timely monthly RH orders.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide support to SRH providers to enable them collect and use program data within DHISII, HIS and the registers (facility and community based) to monitor and improve program quality and performance
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of WISH2ACTION project in line with proposal targets and work plan timelines
- Participate actively in execution of operational research in various health facilities if need be to enhance the quality, coverage, effectiveness and performance of the SRH program.
Human Resource Management
- Routinely monitor SRH staff performance according to their job description and provide written feedback in a timely manner
- Review personnel issues and concerns of SRH staff and assist with determining and implementing solutions
- Participate in recruitment of SRH staff as appropriate.
Reporting and Coordination
- Represent IRC in SRH Coordination meetings with implementing partners and district working group meetings /Health related forums.
- Coordinate with other sector responses within IRC (WPE, ERD, PRoL) to ensure a multi-sectoral approach to SRH programming.
Finance and Grant Management
- Plan and manage WISH2ACTION project activity budgets as delegated by the supervisor in order to maintain program expenditure within the budget provided.
- Ensure that all grant required activities, indicators are systematically tracked and objectives are successfully met within the project timeframe.
- Attend and participate in monthly budget review meetings at the field level.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.