Emergency program coordinator (M/F) - Armenia
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM France’s mission in Armenia is under the supervision of the regional coordination based in Tbilissi. MdM France has been working in Georgia since 2004 and in Armenia since 2019. A long-term project related to HIV and Hepatitis C was supposed to be launched in 2020 but the starting date was postponed due to COVID-19 and the impact of the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh. MdM France decided to open an emergency project in response to the needs of the people newly arrived in Armenia due to the conflict, by supporting local civil society actors.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the field coordinator in Erevan, you propose, implement and monitor the strategy, objectives and action plans of all MdM activities related to the emergency project, in support to people newly arrived in Armenia due to the conflict in the Nagorno-Karabakh.
You ensure quality programming that respond to the needs of new arrivals by supporting local civil society actors. You represent MdM at different levels if required.
You work closely with the regional coordinator in Tbilissi and the administrative/log officer in Yerevan.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and adaptation of the programme strategy
- Elaborate and monitor the logical frameworks by promoting collective reflection with the partners
- React to any change by proposing program adaptation to the field coordinator and coordination team if necessary
- Monitor closely and explain budget follow-up and share information with the field coordinator and the regional coordination
- Write proposal and project reports
- Organize and implement logistical monitoring (purchasing and technical), with the admin-log officer
- Ensure a good communication and information between the MdM team members and the partners’ teams through regular coordination and bilateral meetings
- Ensure the consistency of MdM program according to the needs, to MdM’s mandate, values and internal rules, to national regulation and to international standards
- Caring out and/or leading evaluations if any
- Contribute to the identification of local CSOs and possible collaborations with MdM
- Define with the partners identified the support to be provided by MdM
- Define the framework of this collaboration
- Directly support the partners or mobilize other supports from members of the team or HQ
- Organize relevant training and/or coaching and supervision
- Support the partners to ensure compliance of donors’ or MdM’s procedures and quality programming
- Monitor the good implementation of the project by the partner and validate their technical reports
- Ensure good collaboration with the partners and organize regular meetings on the project and the collaboration itself
- Contribute to propose a relevant human resources set up for the program and needed adaptation if any
- Contribute to the recruitment and training of new staff members
- Contribute to the situation report sent every month to HQ and to any other report requested by general coordinator
- Produce proposals and reporting towards donors, UN coordination system and authorities
- Provide constant update to field coordinator and the general coordinator on the context, your team work, the strategy and activities advancements, etc
- Provide the field coordinator and the general coordinator with a mission report and/or handover document at the end of your contract
- Participate to clusters meetings, under field coordinator delegation
- Liaise with MdM operational partners at national Level (INGOs, NGOs, authorities)
- Develop a strong networking to be able to monitor the situation and changes of context
- Contribute to control and monitor the security context of the intervention zone
- Assure a correct transmission of incident happened in your intervention zone according MdM standard role
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Duration : 3 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 845 euros
Frequent trips in Armenia and possible travels to Georgia
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by Modem and 40% by the employee)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master’s degree in relevant field (public health, social work, development studies, humanitarian affairs, or related social sciences disciplines)
Experience in development and management of health project
Experience of working in partnerships
Ability to take initiative, work in an autonomous way and foster a team environment
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong communication, reporting and organisational skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Good sense of diplomacy and understanding of international global political issues.
Languages: fluent in English and fluent in Armenian or Russian are mandatory. French is an added value.
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JGMnbcjL?idpartenaire=127