Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Operations Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Program Assistant will:
1. To check all obligating documents, entering relevant information available from GSM or other on-line systems, ensuring the availability of funds, updating files, and transferring funds as instructed or as delegated.
2. To clear obligating documents, checking the m for completeness, and following-up on missing information, liquidating obligations, undertaking reconciliation and preparing periodic reports, as required.
3. To screen and review various contractual materials, issuing PTAEO numbers, earmarking funds, and verifying and clearing payment requests.
4. To check, obligate and clear purchase requests for IT equipment, working in close collaboration with relevant colleagues to ensure that ordered equipment is appropriate.
5. To keep track of all contract extensions and renewals, checking and ensuring that funds are available for the proposed contract.
6. To follow-up on programme implementation, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other senior staff to problems, inconsistencies and delays.
7. To draft correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions; to finalize correspondence/reports for signature; to analyze incoming correspondence and requests, researching, obtaining and attaching background information when required, or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other senior staff concerned.
8. To perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work as assigned.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor's degree in international relations, economics, business administration, or another related area.Required experience: 48 Months Experience remark:
At least 4 years of relevant professional work experience at national and/or international level in programme/project management, administration and strategic planning; experience working with senior UN and diplomatic officials as asset, as is experience in the WHO, UN or other international development organizationsLanguage skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 15 December 2020