Associate Programme Officer
San Salvador (El Salvador)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Programme Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Associate Programme Officer will:
- Through a consultative process within the country and field visits, stay involved in the development of the strategies, methodologies, contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operational challenges for the country;
- Assist in ensuring that global strategic priorities (GSP) and regional priorities as well as information on projected resource availability guide the planning parameters;
- Provide inputs for developing the country operations plan in compliance with global strategic priorities and regional priorities as well as with annual programming/planning instructions;
- Assist in organizing a consultative process to ensure a consistent application of the organization’s criteria and policies for the selection of implementing and operational partners;
- Assist in managing the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities;
- Assist in training UNHCR as well as implementing partners (IP) staff in UNHCR standard procedures related to the Results Based Programme (RBM) management;
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyze UNHCR’s performance, trends and target interventions;
- Undertake field visits to evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of assistance projects;
- Assist in implementing the establishment of sound monitoring processes, in reviewing final reports and on progress in order to advise on any corrective actions required or the need for additional resources to reach planned target levels;
- Apply UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to record data and assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level;
- Assist in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports;
- Assist in monitoring compliance to the organization’s resource allocation framework, providing support and assisting in corrective action where required;
- Assist in establishing and handling Implementing Partners Reports.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Advanced higher degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Law, Economics, Development, Social Science or related field.
- At least 3 years of work experience relevant to the function, in programme management, monitoring and evaluation. UNHCR experience in Programme is highly desirable.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous field experience is an advantage;
- Familiar with UNHCR’s RBM approach and use of project/software is an asset;
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position;
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes is an asset;
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programming tools (MSRP, Focus, etc.) is an asset.
- Experience with coordinating with Implementing Partners (Government/INGO/NGO)
- Data Management skills
Computer skills: Office Package (excellent knowledge of Word, excellent knowledge of Excel and Power Point) and Internet browsing.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Spanish(Optional), Level - Fluent
- Programme management, monitoring and evaluation.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
You can only apply if you have created your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup
Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU
If you are already registered in UNV's Talent Pool, make sure your profile is up to date before applying.
Application deadline: 13-Dec-2020 at 23:59hrs, Germany time zone