At Last Mile Health (LMH), we dig data. Do you have experience supporting the maintenance of production databases and reporting systems and are looking to join a team that focuses on innovation and development of data collection and storage? If so, you could be the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) team’s Data Engineer.
Reporting to the Data Architect, the Data Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the data collected from the most remote communities in Liberia and expanding and optimizing the data pipelines that deliver it in a format that is accessible to key stakeholders across Liberia, National Community Health Assistant Program. Additionally, the Data Engineer will play a critical role in design, development, and implementation of LMH’s next-generation data warehouse and portal to expand to deliver best in class collection, storage, and reporting needs.
The ideal candidate would enjoy building and optimizing data pipeline, storage, and reporting systems from the ground up. They must be self-directed and comfortable working with teams across the organization and the Government of Liberia.
What You'll Do
- Research, recommend and lead the implementation of data management and quality assurance practices in all aspects of data collection and storage in support of Liberia’s National Community Health Assistant Program (NCHAP)
- Partner with programmatic and MERL teams to ensure data is stored accurately and accessibly for strong analysis
- Develop and maintain a long-term strategy for archiving historical data, including developing documentation and metadata standards for easy lookup and retrieval
- Develop and administer production instances of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Dhis2, and a web-based data collection and reporting tool
- Support and train staff in the use of data collection and reporting tools
- Undertake regular travel throughout Liberia to provide technical support and thought partnership to LMH county-based teams
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other relevant scientific discipline.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially Excel.
You'll Impress Us If
- You have experience working closely with employees recruited in a resource-limited setting.
- You have a working knowledge of data modeling and Dhis2 development, reporting and administration.
- You have experience developing a relational database management system. You have experience developing dashboards and reports with any business intelligence tool, such as Tableau, Qlik, Periscope.