Safeguarding Advisor, MENA and Asia Regions
The Safeguarding Advisor, MENA and Asia Regions is responsible for leading and coordinating the effective implementation of IRC’s safeguarding strategy and action plan across IRC’s country programs in MENA and Asia Regions with key stakeholders. This will include: safeguarding leadership, technical advice, capacity building (training, communications), material development, and other forms of direct country support.
Reporting to the Director of Safeguarding, this role will work closely with Regional and Country Management Teams, Human Resources, Gender Equality Unit, Violence Prevention and Abuse Unit (VPRU), Ethics and Compliance Unit (ECU), and other IRC functional units in the context of our programs in the MENA and Asia Regions.
As the role covers 11 country programs in the MENA and Asia Regions, much of this support will be remote. It is anticipated that up to 50% of the Safeguarding Advisor’s time will require travel to country programs, once travel is possible again.
• Support and monitor the implementation of IRC client safeguarding strategy for country programs and implementing partners in the MENA and Asia Regions
• Support the roll-out of client safeguarding capacity building materials for the MENA and Asia Regions, including delivery of trainings and other technical support related to safeguarding remotely or during field visits
• Support development of country-level Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for responding to safeguarding violations against clients, working closely with IRC operations and programs teams on the ground
• Review and support enhancement of country program and partner complaints response mechanisms for clients relating to any type of alleged misconduct in collaboration with IRC’s internal investigations and other key stakeholders
• Support and build capacity of Safeguarding Leads and other safeguarding personnel and focal points across the MENA and Asia regions
• Coordinate and work with Human Resources, Gender Equality, VPRU, ECU, and other key stakeholders, to develop and implement a contextualized safeguarding approach across our country programs in MENA and Asia Regions
• Represent Safeguarding Unit at public events, regional or country meetings, with donors, and other opportunities as requested
• Share good practices, ideas, and materials between country programs, and with HQ for globalization and further sharing