Senior Finance Manager
IRC is seeking a Senior Finance Manager (SFM) for a USAID-funded three-year project in Libya to improve entrepreneurship skills and business opportunities for targeted groups, including vulnerable Libyan women and youth. The SFM will be responsible for supporting the Chief of Party (COP) in management of staff, capacity building and stakeholder engagement. Coordinate the development, implementation and reporting on detailed management plans that may include implementation plans, deliverable tracking, etc., in assigned area of responsibility. Manage implementing partners and oversee operations.
As SFM, s/he will have responsibility for all aspects of strategic and operational finance, acting as the principal finance business partner to the Chief of Party and other Senior Management team members.
This position is contingent on the IRC being awarded funding and is anticipated to begin in Spring 2021.
• Ensures that all policies and procedures are in compliance with IRC and USAID policies, procedures, and requirements.
• Establishes project’s finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directs or performs their development, documentation, and implementation.
• Manages project finance activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by New York HQ and USAID. Prepares quarterly accrual reports, expenditure reporting, and burn rate projections.
• Provides project management and program staff with monthly actual-to-budget expenditure reports and analysis for project funds and facilitate the review and discussion.
• Ensuresbalance sheet reconciliations are completed monthly and on a timely basis and review final reconciliations and trial balances with the Chief of Party.
• Closely monitors all financial activities, and keeps the Chief of Party advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance.
• Directs the preparation of and approval of all USAID financial reports in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements and ensures the review of such reports by the Chief of Party and HQ prior to submission.
• Enforces internal control policies and procedures with utmost integrity.
• Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
• Establishes project finance roles and responsibilities matrix; ensures job descriptions are current; recruits and maintains qualified staff to perform finance functions.
• Develops and implements a training program for the project’s finance staff.
• Ensures constructive performance reviews are completed on a timely basis and facilitates discussion of performance and career options with project finance staff.
• Supervises all project office bank relations and bank account activities including negotiation of fees, interest and currency exchange rates.
• In compliance with IRC policy, establishespolicies regarding cash holding limits, cash movements and foreign currency holdings of the project.
• Oversees the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations.
• Designs, implements, and monitors systems, procedures and reporting necessary to maintain on current basis accurate forecasts of cash requirements for meeting future spending, including commitments entered into and which obligate IRC to future spending.
• Supervises the preparation of Cash Transfer Requests to New York and ensures that appropriate cash balances are maintained to facilitate project implementation.
• Assists with the preparation and revision of project budgets.
• Prepares the annual and monthly cash budgets based on approved funding.