Fundraising and Institute Advancement Officer
Post Number : 1ITSCPA101TP
Grade : P-3
Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC)
Duty Station: Trieste
Job Family: External Relations
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 22-JAN-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Duration of contract: One (1) year with the possibility of an extension subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Founded in 1964 by the late Nobel Laureate Abdus Salam and located in Trieste (Italy), the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) seeks to accomplish its mandate by providing scientists from developing countries with the continuing education and skills that they need to enjoy long and productive careers.
Under the supervision of the Senior Research Scientist heading the Institute Advancement Unit, and in coordination with the Heads of Research and Programmes and the ICTP Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the planning and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising campaign for the Centre and identifying potential new donors. In particular, s/he will perform the following duties:Long Description
- Contribute to designing a development plan for the ICTP with the main goal of launching a major fundraising campaign.
- Assist with the implementation of the plan to ensure success of the campaign by developing fundraising tactical plans that can secure the funds.
- Engage with key prospective individual donors and entities for the purpose of investigation of counterpart's interest in ICTP, cultivation of the relationship and involvement, solicitation of support.
- Develop and implement projects to attract funding organizations and identify potential funding opportunities.
- Design training materials and conduct training for ICTP staff to enable them to contribute to and participate in the fundraising activities of the ICTP.
- Maintain in-depth familiarity with the Centre's programmes and act as liaison between programmes and the donor and funding community to facilitate excellent relationships.
- Liaise with the ICTP Public Information Office for profile-raising events.
- Advanced university degree (Master's Degree or equivalent) in natural or social science, communications, management, public or business administration, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible work experience in fundraising, project management, public relations, communications or a related field.
- Professional experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources, successfully soliciting significant donations).
- Proven experience in managing fundraising campaigns.
- Experience in building partnerships with private and public funding agencies.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also as a team player who will productively engage with colleagues and counterparts at varying levels of seniority within.
- Excellent coordination, organization and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English.
- Knowledge of Italian.
- Knowledge of another official UNESCO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.