Senior Director, Global Leads New Business Development
New York City (United States of America)
The External Relations (ER) department is comprised of four complementary functions: Private fundraising, Mobilization & Marketing, Policy & Advocacy and Operations & Analytics. To enable IRC to deliver our Strategy100 commitments, the ER department has established an ambitious new approach that will improve our ability to raise diverse and flexible funding, while raising our profile and influence.
The International Philanthropy & Partnerships (IPP) team falls under ER and consists of global colleagues, delivering account management, philanthropy, board liaison, corporate as well as trust and foundation partnerships to support IRC’s national fundraising strategies.
The IRC has an exciting opportunity to drive global new business fundraising, in a brand-new role that is critical to the advancement of our aspirational high-value (HV) goals and vision. Today, high-value income makes up for more than two-thirds of the Organization’s private-sector revenue. The Global Leads New Business Development is a new team in IPP that has been developed to proactively and holistically generate and create new global high value funding opportunities for the IRC.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned HV relationship manager with existing key relationships and networks with HV audiences (corporates, foundations and/or HNWIs) in international markets, who can identify, nurture and pursue global new business opportunities. The Senior Director will lead a team of senior specialists who will significantly expand these funding relationships for the IRC.
- Manage and mentor the New Business Development team;
- Establish collaborative working relationships both internally across the organization and externally with donors and key partners;
- Develop and implement a global strategy for recruiting key business contacts across sectors and markets;
- Develop and lead engagement plans to reach senior decision makers with a range of prospects;
- Negotiate global partnerships, including leading the contracting process;
- Manage a core group of global corporation, foundation or HNWI prospects by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and providing guidance as appropriate to each donor prospect.
Key Working Relationships:
You will report to: Vice President, IPP and Global Partnerships and Philanthropy;
Your position directly supervises: Five direct reports.