Project Support Officer
Arlington (United States of America)
The Project Support Officer is a key member of the Joint Learning Network for Universal Health Coverage (JLN) Network Manager team within MSH’s Global Health Systems Innovation (GHSI) unit, providing daily operational support to the JLN’s communications and knowledge management functions.
JLN Communications (40%)
- Develop and publish content in alignment with the JLN editorial calendar
- Liaise with technical facilitators to develop and implement communications and knowledge management plans relevant to their activities
- Implement daily social media management in alignment with the JLN editorial calendar
- Support the JLN Executive Director to develop and update content and collateral in support of the JLN’s fundraising activities
- Steward JLN brand guidelines and compliance
JLN Knowledge Management (40%)
- Administer JLN website, including publishing and maintaining content and coordinating with MSH Information Technology Services team for technical support
- Manage MyJLN online community, including onboarding new users and engaging existing users
- Manage and improve JLN’s customer relationship management (CRM) data base
- Administer JLN digital engagement tools, including Zoom and Miro
- Implement JLN@MSH knowledge management plan
- Serve as file coordinator responsible for network manager file management guidance
General Project Support (15%)
- Participate in JLN team meetings
- Respond to ad hoc project activities and requests for support as assigned
GHSI Collaboration and Management (5%)
- Participate in department meetings and initiatives as required
- Participate in MSH required processes, courses, and initiatives as needed (e.g., annual reviews and certifications)
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 4 years of experience supporting communications and knowledge management services, including
- Digital communications, particularly website design, social media, content publishing software, analytics tools, and editorial planning Improving organizational and project performance, learning and impact
- Writing short blogs, press releases, communications pieces
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Familiarity with website content management best practices and authoring tools, specifically Wordpress content management system
- Graphic design skills & knowledge.
- Virtual and in-person event planning skills and experience.
- Working with colleagues from other organizations including planning and developing content and implementing activities.
- Able to assess priorities and solve problems using innovative, evidence-based solutions.
- Excellent writing, organizational and communications skills including organizing, scanning, summarizing and presenting information.
- Understands how to collect, synthesize, interpret and present data
- A self-starter who can use her/his own initiative to identify useful work.
- Travel requirements: <10% (all non-essential travel suspended during COVID-19 pandemic)