Knowledge Management Specialist
Arlington (United States of America)
The Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist is a key member of the KM Support Team within the Global Health Systems Innovation (GHSI) department, providing operational and technical support to MSH projects and teams, including serving as the platform lead for the MSH intranet and Technical Exchange Networks, two of MSH’s core enterprise KM platforms. He/she supports the KM lead in integrating KM across all projects at MSH and supports strategic initiatives to improve learning and impact by providing direct technical support to MSH programs and projects.
Specifically, S/he will focus their time supporting the immunization economics.org project on the management of knowledge, dissemination, monitoring/evaluating knowledge dissemination and channels, and identifying the sustainability landscape for immunizationeconomics.org in collaboration with Technical Support Leads and/or Project Directors. Additionally, S/he is responsible for providing, support, guidance, and assistance to other assigned projects.
Project Support (60%)
Contribute to developing products to the need of the immunizationeconomics.org project during its existence within MSH (40%) and other projects as assigned (10- 20% approx.), this includes various technical strategies, including:
- Contribute to the production and dissemination of knowledge products and processes such as literature reviews, case studies, and blog posts for national and international audiences to accelerate rapid transfer of best practices.
- Synthesize evidence and literature, as well as relevant program results when appropriate for inclusion in products and strategies.
- Conduct surveys to the community of practice, conduct interviews with members of the community, and analyze quantitative data of traffic sources and knowledge dissemination uptake to capture and document the value of the platform
- Evaluate the landscape of users and producers of knowledge surrounding immunization economics, and identifying value creation and opportunities for partnerships that will support the sustainability of the platform
- Ensure the learning from the project is documented, shared, and applied within MSH’s KM platforms and through learning activities
KM Platform Lead / MSH Intranet (10%)
- Lead Ollie Support Team with matrixed staff in GHSI, Program Delivery Group, Information Technology Services, and Communications
- Chair Intranet Governance Board meetings and guide MSH intranet strategy
- Coordinate & implement annual intranet workplan
- Support Ollie homepage content planning and development
- Support learning activities, Knowledge Exchanges, and information sessions (effective search, good practices, etc.)
- Support analysis and implementation of design requests using user experience principles
- Support analytics production, analysis, representation, and use
- Support content quality reviews and remediation (cleaning up)
- Periodic user feedback requests, analysis, and development of recommendations
KM Platform Lead / Technical Exchange Networks (5%)
- Lead global administration and operations for MSH’s Technical Exchange Networks (TENs)
- Manage TENs registrations and membership
- Gather, review, and share routine TENs performance data
- Liaise with individual TENs and community leaders
- Encourage active participation by staff in the TENs
KM Strategic & Operational Support (15%)
- Support KM lead in implementing project-integrated KM strategy across MSH
- Respond to general requests for KM support from MSH projects and corporate teams
- Lead or contribute to activities in accordance with annual KM Support Team workplan
- Support training and awareness raising activities for knowledge and information standards and guidance across MSH
- Contribute to developing project reports, presentations, KM training material, workplan, M&E plan, and other deliverables as tasked by KM lead
GHSI Collaboration & Management (10%)
- Participate in department meetings and initiatives as required
- Participate in MSH required processes, courses, and initiatives as needed (e.g., annual reviews and certifications)
Education and Experience
Minimum: BA + 3 years or MA + 1 years experience
Exposure to, and interest in, knowledge management, particularly to improve organizational and project performance, learning and impact. Experience and interest with e-learning, online KM services, particularly content publishing software, back-end configuration, analytics tools, user-centered design. Interest in monitoring and evaluation (M&E), social media, organizational learning, and public health.