France : Communication Officer – Paris
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
In ACTED HQ in Paris, some 60 people are dedicated to provide operational support to the projects implemented in our coutries of intervention.
You will be in charge of
- Country and project-related communication and visibility (60%)
- Receive from the field, review, adapt, edit and publish project-related articles, press releases, human interest stories, audio-visual content (pictures, videos) and other advocacy/information materials on ACTED’s website and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) line with ACTED editorial line, communication objectives, standards and requirements
- Support teams in the field teams in the timely and quality production of country programming/project communication and branding materials such as newsletters, brochures, leaflets, banners, factsheets, infographics, flyers, kakemonos, etc.
- Assist the Project Development Department at field level and the Grant Management Unit at HQ level to identify appropriate communication and visibility activities for the projects
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory (“TITANIC”) of contractual project communication and visibility activities/requirements and systematically follow-up communications and visibility activities/requirements for above standard communications projects, in close coordination with the Grant Management Unit at HQ level
- Closely collaborate with the 3Zero Communications and Mobilization Department and identify relevant communication and visibility content/material received from the field that can be used for 3Zero purposes
- Support field teams to collaborate with international media and high profile guests/visitors by organizing project site visits including background materials, briefs and information kits as well as travel planning, logistics and administrative arrangements as requirred
Train staff in the field charged with communication and visibility tasks to provide articles, press releases, human interest stories, audio-visual content (pictures, videos) and other advocacy/information materials in line with ACTED line, communication objectives, standards and requirements
ACTED Programming Communication and Branding (25%)
Develop, edit and publish ACTED programming communication and branding materials such as capacity statements, briefing notes, articles, supplements, Human Interest Stories, picture stories, videos, etc.
Support the development and editing of the ACTED annual report
Closely collaborate with the 3Zero Communications and Mobilization Department and identify relevant communication and branding content from ACTED than can be used for 3Zero purposes
Contribute to maintaining the ACTED global website and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) in terms of design and project/programme-related content and raise the public awareness of the site in close collaboration with the 3Zero Communications and Mobilization Department
Archive communication materials, including digital, such as publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
Monitor and evaluate impact of communication and visibility materials to target audiences
Support the organization of special events (conferences, meetings, forums, etc. as required)
Any other task requested by the Line Manager, in particular regarding support to the 3Zero Communication and Mobilization Department
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master degree in commuincation, marketing, IEP, or media school
- Highly skilled in conceptualizing, writing and selling to internal and external audiences
- Fluency required in English and French
- Website content editing and proofing
- Social Media
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Knowledge of InDesign , Photoshop, Illustrator, video making
- Skills in priorities management, rigor
- Autonomy, reactivity, initiative spirit, creativity
- A previous international experience is a plus
- Interest for development or emergency programs
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise - between 1700e and 1800e net per month
- Affiliation to health inssurance
- Food allowance on working days
- 50% of Navigo pass taken in charge