Human Rights and Gender Officer
Guatemala City (Guatemala)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the unit coordinator or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical assistance to indigenous women and other discriminated women organizations supported by the PROFEM Project, State actors and institutions and other OHCHR partners.
- Provide technical support to organizations and rights holders for the development of advocacy strategies that aim at mainstreaming gender, including gender analysis, gender data and apply women´s international human rights standards.
- Provide technical assistance in the reporting and delivering of grants to civil society organizations.
- Support the integration of a gender perspective in OHCHR-Guatemala’s strategic lines priorities and activities;
- Support the implementation of the OHCHR-Guatemala gender strategy;
- Contribute to and/or draft various reports, communications, briefing notes, statements and contribute to the draft of the annual narrative report for donor that includes: i) the activities carried out; ii) documents produced; iii) minutes of meetings and progress reports; iv) systematization of advisory, facilitation and accompaniment activities and their results.
- Conduct field missions
- Perform other related duties as required.
A first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience in human rights or gender may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degreeRequired experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
at least 2 years of progressively, responsible and relevant professional experience in the field of human rights or justice at the local, national or international level, including experience with civil society organizations and experience in human rights analysis and reporting cases.Language skills:
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
at least 2 years of progressively, responsible and relevant professional experience in the field of human rights or justice at the local, national or international level, including experience with civil society organizations and experience in human rights analysis and reporting cases.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
You can only apply if you have created your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup
Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU
If you are already registered in UNV's Talent Pool, make sure your profile is up to date before applying.
Application deadline: 27-Dec-2020 at 23:59hrs, Germany time zone