Country Director Lebanon
The Country Director (CD) is the maximum responsible of Action Against Hunger (AAH) in the mission. In coordination with the Head of Regipnal Operations, he/she will ensure the correct management of resources in order to achieve the strategic objectives.
He/she will ensure following the global and national strategy, maintaining quality and relevance of the carried out actions, always under the organization’s mandate.
The CD, through his/her leadership, will motivate the team, anticipating and managing possible conflicts. He/She will encourage innovative focus and will supervise the coordination team. Likewise, he/she will be defining the training strategy and professional development of his/her team, overarching the global mission's staff.
The CD is responsible for the security of his/her team, he/she will promote, encourage and supervise the implementation of the charter of principles of Action against Hunger, as well as of its ethics code and anti-fraud politics.
He/She will represent Action against Hunger before donors, authorities, international organizations, other NGOs, private sector and whichever institution of interest. The CD is the spokesperson of Action against Hunger before national and international media, under the coordination of the Communication Area of the organization.
The CD is in charge of ensuring the financial viability of the mission in coordination with HQ and ensuring an efficient management of available resources of the Mission. He/She will direct the implementation of the fundraising strategy of public and private funds, designed in coordination with HQ and with the appropaire use of Advocacy tactics. Likewise, he/she will be responsible of promoting technical innovative focus , nurturing and developing partnerships and fostering best practices and their replicability. The CD is responsible of achieving the annual objectives of the mission.
Action Against Hunger established its presence in Lebanon in 2006, initially supporting the internally displaced population following the armed conflict of July 2006. In 2011, we expanded our operations to provide humanitarian assistance through food security, water, sanitation and hygiene, protection, food-security, livelihoods and nutrition. Our interventions use a comprehensive approach encompassing humanitarian, stabilisation and resilience components, covering the South, Nabatieh, Bekaa, and includes hardto-reach areas like Aarsal, Baalbek El-Hermel, and Chebaa. Since 2020, our nutrition programme expanded to include interventions aimed at improving infant and young child feeding (IYCF) at community level as a key priority in the effort to improve survival, growth, and development of children. Following the August 2020 Beirut port blast, we are operational as well in Beirut and whole our programming has included a special response that takes into consideration the impact of COVID19 epidemic.
Key activities in your role will include
- Holds the overall responsibility for the mission’s strategy with the development of its programmatic approach and the Emergency Response
- Oversees the Logistics and Administrative Duties to ensure proper management of the financial, administrative and logistics activities
- Holds the overall responsibility for the mission’s coordination and HR management (except recruitment, selection and dismissal of expatriates), compliance with HR policies, national labour laws, mission’s internal regulations, and international codes of conduct
- Holds the overall responsibility for assessing the security situation, for providing general security guidance and for taking appropriate action in case of particular security incidents
- Develops and strengthens the relation with stakeholders (NGOs, Donors, UN, Institutes and authorities, partners), through enhanced advocacy and coordination, maintaining high visibility of AAH and the mission
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Knowledge of humanitarian Diplomacy
- Negotiations skills for conflict environments
- Strong networking and representational skills
- Security management in complex security situations, cultural and conflict sensitivity approach, context and risk analysis
- Knowledge in International Cooperation/Development (desirable)
- Knowledge of Action Against Hunger technical areas of work (WaSH, FSL, Nut)
- Logistics and administration of humanitarian organisations
- Human Resource management
- Experience in Programme Cycle Management
- Experience in management of volatile security contexts with capacity to face a stressful environment
- Minimum 5 years in INGO management/coordination (Country Director level)
- Familiarity with the political and economic context
- Experience within Action Against Hunger International (highly desirable)
- English - Fluent
- Spanish - desirable
- Arabic language skills – A plus
- Windows domain, SAGA and/or Agresso – A plus. SharePoint – A plus. GESPRA – A plus
- National and international mobility required.
Our remuneration package:
- Incorporation into a multicultural, professional and innovative organization with the possibility of participating in projects with high social impact.
- Contract length: Indeterminate
- Base: Beirut (lebanon)
- Family duty station YES
- Compensation Package consisting of:
- Salary: From 55.000 euro/gross/year (including per diems and Living expenses) + child allowance of 1.200 euros / gross / year / child
- Benefits package estimated about 20.000 euros/ year paid directly by the organization that includes
- Insurance for the expatriate (health, life, repatriation, travel etc.)
- Health insurance for dependents
- Travel for breaks
- Per Diem de 215 euros for each break (paid at mission level in local currency)
- Annual leave return ticket
- Return ticket to the mission
- Adapted professional career where talent and motivation are recognized.
- Continuous training in both technical skills and competencies.
- 25 days paid leave per year
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.