Supply Chain Specialist
The Supply Chain Specialist will be a critical new hire to support Last Mile Health’s organizational objectives. Applicants for this position will provide technical support to LMH’s teams in Managed Counties to track and analyze consumption and stock data and coordinate supply chain management of medical and non-medical commodities. This position will be a skilled communicator and coordinator capable of handling multiple internal and external stakeholders. Overall, this position is responsible for coordinating all stakeholders (Operational, Programmatic, Governmental, and external partners) to ensure that community health workers always have life-saving commodities in stock and ensuring the effective and efficient management of Last Mile Health restock process.
What You'll Do
- Support the County Programs teams in ordering restock medical commodities, non-medical commodities, and COVID interventions
- Review and analyze inventory data
- Help determine consumption
- Track high-demand commodities and push commodities to counties
- Review, with the County Program, medical commodities distribution forms data including digitally collected, paper-based collection, and waybills
- Update, maintain, and analyze a complex medical commodity tracking database.
- Build supply and stock commodities management skills
- Take ownership of LMH’s medical commodities to restock process
- Help inform decisions on international procurement vs. local procurement.
- Sets schedules for the ordering of new medical commodities
- Prompts restock discussions when supplies get low in counties.
- Track and monitor COVID PPE and COVID interventions to ensure all stakeholders are well supplied
- Support large international procurements and distribution of new commodities
- Manage the annual procurement planning process, with support from Global Operations, for the Liberia Country Program
- Compile and analyze data from various data sources and trackers across the organization
- Act as owner and leader of the restock working group
- Serve as the coordinating link between Operations, Program, The National Community Health Systems team, and external partners. Manage multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
What You'll Bring
- BS in Operations, Supply Chain, or similar field;
- OR must be a certified pharmacist with experience in Supply Chain.
- Has work in Operations departments to do similar work
- Experience in managing medical commodities
- Has five years of experience working in Supply Chain
You'll Impress Us If
- You have a strong data background. Can work in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets to organize and interpret data.
- you are a skilled coordinator and capable of getting results out of many different stakeholders.
- You have experience managing inventory, tracking procurements, and understand the supply chain.
- You are a problem solver with a solutions orientation.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston, and New York.