Health Officer - Immunisation
Manokwari, Makssar (IDN)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Immunization/Health Specialists/Officers – UNICEF Country Officer/ Field Offices or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Health Officer – Immunisation will work with a team of experts to addresses challenges in improving the health of women, newborns and children through these main components:
- Contribute to the Health section’s COVID-19 response, especially on COVID-19 vaccination program;
- Supporting evidence-generation so good science can inform sound policy and leverage Government commitment and resources for action;
- Advocacy and engagement to strengthen sub-national policy to ensure follow-up to local level;
- Contributing to Government efforts in identifying and addressing new and emerging health problems, especially on routine immunisation in the country / Sub National;
- Provide high-level technical assistance to the Provincial Health Office (PHO) and selected District Health Offices (DHO) on EPI policies and activities
- Regularly track and analyses provincial and district level data (including equity monitoring) with the intention of tracking progress towards key programme deliverables, identifying bottlenecks and taking corrective measures if progress is off track,
- Conduct advocacy efforts for women and children at all levels of the provincial and district leadership structures,
- Support capacity building efforts as needed and thereby supporting the process of the decentralisation process.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Health or related field including Medicine, Public Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy & Management, Environmental Health, Family Health, Health Research, Biostatistics, Socio-medical Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions in Health Care, Demography, Social Sciences, Nursing, or a field relevant to international public health development assistance.
Master’s degree in any of the above fields is considered as an asset.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
Minimum three years of professional work experience in public health, international development or related field.
Relevant experience working in an international context is considered as an asset.Language skills:
- Indonesian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of
your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly,
select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of Indonesia and legal residents of Indonesia with
refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 07 January 2021