Grants and Partnerships Manager
Bamako (Mali) | Mali
The IRC opened its country program in Mali in 2012. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, nutrition, health, water and sanitation. We work both in the North and Central Mali, where the needs of IDPs and host communities affected by the ongoing conflicts are widespread, and the issue of humanitarian access is a continuous process.
The IRC Mali is currently looking for a Grants & Partnerships Manager to be based in Bamako. The ideal candidate has excellent coordination and networking skills, the capacity to innovate and solve problems efficiently and the ability to work effectively across program teams and other departments.
Under the supervision of the Grants Coordinator, the Grants & Partnerships Manager coordinates and oversees the production of timely narrative amendment requests and narrative reports and their annexes for submission to donors; is responsible for the good implementation of the IRC partnership procedures (PEERS) and the management of partners of the IRC in Mali; provides program and support teams with advice on compliance with donor and IRC regulations; is responsible for management of contract documents in soft and hard copy; and supports the mission to increase the visibility of IRC in Mali.
• Coordinate and ensure timely submission of high-quality narrative reports and their annexes (interim and final reports) through effective channels of internal and external communications and working closely with Programs, Finance and Operations departments and the Grants Coordinator;
• Ensure ongoing grants are regularly and timely tracked with the standard IRC tracking tools (e.g. OTIS) and internal tracking tools (Grants, Partnerships and Communication Trackers) and their internal diffusion to all staffs concerned;
• Oversee, facilitate and coordinate all aspects of partnership life cycle management, from partner identification, due diligence, project development, agreement, implementation and monitoring through to close-out, coordinating effectively with all Program, Operations and Finance departments, and is the focal point for all matters regarding the management of partners in Mali and the PEERS procedures;
• Prepare the documentation required based on the IRC standard minimum requirements and support the grants opening, review and closing meetings;
• Maintain a broad and deep understanding of donor policies, regulations and procedures and build this knowledge among programs and operations team members;
• Ensure information management and filing system (hard and soft copies) are properly maintained;
• Support the Country Director/Deputy Country Director of Programs in in-country representation by preparing fact sheets or any type of documents requested;
• Support the Grants Coordinator, the Communication Officer and the IRC in Mali to reinforce the IRC visibility in Mali trough effective support for the implementation of external communication activities.
The Grants & Partnerships Manager’s work will be divided into four primary areas of work: Sub-Awards, Reporting, Compliance/Donor communications and Visibility/Communication and Information management.
- At least 2 years of experience working in project and/or grants management
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
Prior knowledge of donor regulations (OFDA, USAID, ECHO, Europe Aid, SIDA, etc.)
Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills
Autonomy and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to details
Education: Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, development or related subject
Language Skills: Fluency in English and French, spoken and written, is essential
Certificates or Licenses: Strong computer skills
Preferred experience & skills:
International experience with preference in Africa
IRC experience is an asset
Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
Previous successful experience developing projects, writing proposals and reports for public donors
Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments
The Grants & Partnerships Manager will be based in Bamako, Mali (phase III – Orange) with a standard office work environment (good internet connection, AC, etc.).
The Grants & Partnerships Manager will be provided with shared housing in Bamako. This position in non-accompanied.
IRC et les employés d’IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans l’IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Égalité entre les sexes : L'IRC Mali s'est engagé à réduire l'écart entre les sexes dans sa mission au Mali. Nous offrons des avantages sociaux qui permettent aux femmes pour s’épanouir dans leur environnement de travail, notamment un congé de maternité, une flexibilité sur les horaires de travail pendant le mois de carême, une crèche au sein du bureau de Bamako et une facilitation de voyager sur le terrain avec les bébés par Vol UNHAS.