Water and sanitation specialist (Open for Residents of Sweden and Finland)
Multiple locations (Multiple locations)
Läkare Utan Gränser/Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent medical humanitarian organization. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff - most of them hired locally. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality.
Working with MSF as a Water and Sanitation specialist means a variety of work and you will get a diverse experience working with infection control, waste management, building latrines, and clean water provision to populations in need.
MSF Sweden is recruiting several Water and Sanitation specialist for MSF field projects. During the recruitment process applicants are validated for MSF field projects. Once recruited candidates are matched for specific missions that corresponds with their previous professional experiences. Applicants therefore need to be prepared to go to any type of context and motivated to go for several missions with MSF.
- Design, implement and manage all water and sanitation interventions and activities
- Prevent and control diseases transmitted by contaminated water or by poor sanitation and hygiene
- Provide technical support to medical team regarding infection control
- Plan and develop water and sanitation strategies and resources according to MSF standards and protocols
- Ensure proper technical specifications of required materials and equipment
- Maintain a reliable and safe water supply
- Ensure basic water and sanitation standards, at for example health facilities as well as refugee camps
- Currently resident in Sweden or Finland
- At least two years´ relevant professional experience (Excluding internships)
- Professional experience in at least three of the following areas: water quality, water supply, wastewater, waste management, vector control, hygiene and infection control, construction of sanitary facilities, civil engineering, chemistry, and/or biology
- Experience in training others
- IT skills (Excel, Word)
- English level C1
- French minimum level B1
- Available for a minimum of 12 months
- Commitment to MSF´s Principles and values
- Strong team player
- Flexible and creative
- Adaptable and able to work in a multicultural team
- Able to manage stress
- Degree in civil or environmental engineering, water resource management or related field.
- Hands-on experience in water, sanitation, environmental- and/or public health
- Experience working in other NGO or within the humanitarian sector
- Experience working in low-income countries
- People management experience
Condition of employment
Type of employment: Fixed-term contract. Field based fixed-term position full time, various locations
Duration: 6 - 12 months
Salary: 13 079 SEK/month, according to MSF salary scale
Benefits: MSF covers costs for travel, accommodations, and Per Diem. We also provide insurance coverage, medical examinations, and any necessary vaccinations.
Please submit your application via the apply button below. We do not accept applications via email.
Please note that only permanent residents of either Sweden or Finland will be accepted for this position.
For questions about the position please contact email@example.com